Engine burning oil fix. Agree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine burning oil fix. Agree?

I found this on Discovery auto parts website(www.d-a-p.com). Let me know if you agree with this method. When a Honda starts to burn oil, it sometimes can be caused by a dirty engine, mainly when the oil return holes in the pistons start to plug. This causes the oil to slip by the rings and into the combustion chamber.

What you need to do is use synthetic oil 10w 30 with a good Fram oil filter and put in a quart of Lucas oil additive. You also need to change the oil every 1000 to 1,500 miles. Do this 2 or more times until the oil you drain out of the engine is not black in color after 1000 miles.

You should see the oil burning becoming less as the engine cleans out. Now, once you use the synthetic oil you can never go back to regular oil. Synthetic oil permeates the walls of the cylinder to provide excellent lubrication. If you go back to standard oil after using synthetic, the smaller molecules in standard oil will literally slip by the rings because the synthetic oil has already become embedded in the cylinder wall. This will cause your engine to smoke like crazy.

why did you make 2 of the same threads.

Comment

i used synthetic for awhile and i was burening it more so i went back to normal castrol 10w-30 and it stopped burning it.so that myths busted.i would just stick with regular oil and good filter because if the engines burning oil you need to replace seal,etc.oil isnt gonna fix it because if that was the case that shit would be selling like hot fries on a cold night.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
        why did you make 2 of the same threads.
        Sorry kid, I take it sombody started a thread like this, I guess I need to check out this site more. Yeah, but What your sayin makes more sense to me. Check out that d-a-p site though, there is a bunch of tips and troubleshooting let me know if you find any other !

Comment

check your cam seal andall the other seals for that matter for leaks,check the bottom of your timing belt cover for a little leak.but ya the only reason you should use synthetic is if you have a brande new car.thats my opinion but if your car was "raised" with reguler oil than keep using it.dont make the problem worse by switching to other oils.

Comment

haha owned.

well you can always go back to regular dino oil from synthetic oil. these guys analyzed the engine oils properties with a series of tests and never had a problem with additive depletion and lala.

www.bobistheoilguy.com is a site for oils

as for the rings stop burning up, yea its old and oil gets past them. some try to go for a higher weight oil or additives but i had alot of people had good results with this

www.auto-rx.com

now your saying, OH NO ITS NOT HEARD OF its an additive and its a fake. well i thought of this as well but at www.bobistheoilguy.com all of the members pretty much tried it and alot of them did before and after shots of the engine and did some chemical alalysis on the oil beofre and after to see if anything went wrong or anything bad will happen (thats the point of a oil analysis).

i had a oil burning problem, my car was getting old..i tried this product and it helped, not only that it cleaned the inside of my engine, regained my power and really lowerd my emmisions.

i really like it, and its pricy, but its a small price to pay in my opinon.

of course there will be some bias to my idea right now but i had to try it to believe it, and i hate oil additives....

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

thats their main site, go to the additives section and search. there are alot of good threads there.

dont flame on me, im just trying to share what i have done and heard from many others on that site, and no they arent dipshits like some people =)
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Right on, thanks for the advice guys, good stuff. I think my oil burning problem is due to it's an A6 pushing 200,000 miles, I have had the car about 6 months and don't know if previous owners took care of it, plus I'm running what the book calls for,5W-30. I'm going to research the above sights more. Time to do some experimenting.
              Last edited by Kdub; 04-02-2004, 05:25 AM.

Comment

man become a member on that site and ask all u want, they are very nice and VERY VERY descriptive with information.

my SN there is digitaldrifter91
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

go to 10w-30 and some oil additive like Lucas,iuse lucas and it helps prevent oil consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                    check your cam seal andall the other seals for that matter for leaks,check the bottom of your timing belt cover for a little leak.but ya the only reason you should use synthetic is if you have a brande new car.thats my opinion but if your car was "raised" with reguler oil than keep using it.dont make the problem worse by switching to other oils.
                    Right, The first thing I did when I got the car was adjust the valve lash. When I did that I got a new valve cover gasket. The new gasket came with 4 thin O-rings which I figured went around the spark plug holes, but they look nothing like the flat o-rings that "mold" around the holes on mine. What's the deal? Anyway, they ended up being spare parts. I put RTV on the corners of the rocker arm assembly put the valve cover back on,no leaks. I think there may be a slight leak into one of the spark plug tubes, but its not really accumulating. I plan on changeing the timing belt and balance shaft belt soon since I don't know when it was last replaced, I'll check for that lower leak. Thanks again.

Comment

no problem,when you raplace the timing belt just get all the seals that can be done at the same time so you will be safe,also the water pump etc.that way its all new parts.good luck.

Comment

I've heard good things about Lucas additives too. I put a little of there Stop-Slip in my tranny a couple of months ago. Transmission is very smooth now. I guess you have to be patient with it up to a week before you notice results.
                        Last edited by Kdub; 03-25-2004, 05:14 AM.

Comment

ya believe it or not lucas made my vlaves pretty quiet,i use every oil change,it has helped stop oil consumption and quiets the engine a bit,(results will vary)

Comment

posted by FIZZ

"i dunno....depends on why it's burning oil......there are a lot of reasons that it might be burning oil......and i've never bought into the "once you go synthetic, you can never go back" thing.....my dad and i have done it a few times......never had a problem with anything at all.....done it to n/a volvos, turbo volvos, 2.3 turbo fords, d series honda engines, toyotas"

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                              man become a member on that site and ask all u want, they are very nice and VERY VERY descriptive with information.

my SN there is digitaldrifter91
                              I'm on it bro, thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X