idling in drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idling in drive

I have a problem. When I was driving to day and stopped at a light my car started to idle pretty bad. (the rpm neddle kept going up and down). The strange thing was i was in drive when it was doing it, usually ity does it in park. What do you guys think the problem is. A new sensor maybe. Appreciate the help

Peace

Car: 1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr

I think there is another thread on this use the search

Comment

but sounds to me like a vacume leak,and it could also be your fast idle valve,check that clean it,theres a diy on cleaning it that accordztech made.but check all vacume lines.good luck.maple gotta help out a little better than that.
      Last edited by accordztech; 03-24-2004, 01:36 AM.

Comment

idling in drive

Thanks for all the feedback. I will check the vacuum tubes tommorow. Thanks again

Comment

no problem,check the ones that go to the black control box located on the passenger side firewall,and the ones coming out of the intake/throttle body!good luck.

Comment

idling in drive

Now that I think about it, would this idling problwem have anything to do with me recently putting in pulleys, a fuel pressure regulator and a fuel rail? Thanks

Comment

idling in drive

Got the problem fixed. Turned out there was a hole in my filter for my intake and it was sucking in to much air. Thanks again for all the help.

Comment

Working...
              X