noisy powersteering question????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noisy powersteering question????

ok my h22a is now installed and running like a champ! vtec engages smooth! ok now my ? my powersteering is making a hell of a lot of noise when i'm driving. i open my powersteering resevoir and its bubbling like mad! will this noisy problem go away over time? or do i have to do something, like bleed the fluid? thanks for any suggestions.
    hey. my cb7 has morphed. haha.

i just read a similar thread below mine and it is kinda making me think that it is going out but at the same time my motor only has like 40000 miles on it! could this be a product of the engine just sitting around before i bought it?

Comment

mine was doing that also its mean the ps pump is shitting the bed ussly try draining it out of the resavour and then putting new fluid in and turn the wheel lock to lock several times air might be in the system and needs to be pushed out if that doesnt work then its the pump

(\__/)
      (O.o )
      (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

The exact same thing happened to me. I ended up replacing the pump and fluid and 6 months down the road, replacing the pump with a reman and the steering rack with a reman. Apparently the rack had gone bad causing the pump to fail. It's been a few weeks since I got the rack and pump done and it's been working like a champ. The steering feels a little better than before due to the new rack too!

Comment

IF its a loud ass retarded moaning sound coming from the engine baay then yea you need a new pump and since its bubbling yea thats another sign you need a new pump.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

new pump installed mang! the thing totally started dumping fluid, so that bastard had to go.

Comment

Working...
            X