Car shuts off sometimes when driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car shuts off sometimes when driving

I was having a breakup issue when my car would get over 4000 rpm, i did some research and came to that it was my electrical system, I changed my plugs, wires and cap and rotor, that didn’t fix my problem, i changed my igniter and that fixed the problem but now sometimes the car dies, like there is a short in the system. When it dies it won’t turn the CEL on no lights on the dash, but the ac and lights still work. One thing that might be it is that when i plug the plug into the igniter it doesn’t give me a Click , i can’t pull it out but i don’t get a click. Please any ideas on what it could be, i checked wires for holes and checked the ecu ground next to the coolant temp sensor

When the car won’t start, can you hear the fuel pump priming?
    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
      When the car won’t start, can you hear the fuel pump priming?
      i do not know and will check when it happens BUT, i looked at my fuel pump connector under my dash,(I have a kill switch wired into the fuel pump btw) The black and yellow wire was very hot compared to the others

Comment

Try removing the kill switch and put everything as it was factory. The usually hot wire can be due to excessive resistance.

Just recently my car died unexpectedly as I was coming to a stop sign. I saw the oil light come on and the RMP dropped to zero. Luckily for me it was the ICM. The Yel/Grn wire had lost some of the insulation. It's a 30+ year old car so its going to have some challenges.
        1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Shehzada View Post
          Try removing the kill switch and put everything as it was factory. The usually hot wire can be due to excessive resistance.

Just recently my car died unexpectedly as I was coming to a stop sign. I saw the oil light come on and the RMP dropped to zero. Luckily for me it was the ICM. The Yel/Grn wire had lost some of the insulation. It's a 30+ year old car so its going to have some challenges.
          that was exactly the problem, the kill switch connections to the yellow and black wire was completely shot, and if it moved it would completely kill the car, rewired the kill switch and had no problems since

Comment

Working...
          X