Using 4 ECU's Simultaneously On 1 Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok good luck?
    Hey you wanna help me wire in a k series, i mean its almost as complicated.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Mike, my good firend Daniel, my cousin Eric and my ex g/f are the only ones who have seen the engine design. I'll be glad to post up the details once it's officially copywrited and I have some patents on some of the technology and ideas. For now, sorry, but no one else can see it

Thanks for offering the ECU's and harness and stuff. I don't want to take them until I know for sure that this is the best route to go. I might HAVE TO use some chipped P06's or something. We'll see what is gonna be more cost effective and accurate for my needs.

And yes, if you pay me, I will gladly wire up a K series for you! Shit, I'll even do the whole swap and make you custom mounts and exhaust and all the other crap that would be needed.

Beleive it or not, but I have actually installed motors in cars that required EVERY SINGLE WIRE to be run individually from the sensors/devices to the ECU and also into the rest of the car harness one by one. I've made motor harnesses from scratch, ECU and car harnesses from scratch and have plenty of other experience at one of a kind stuff like this. I'm not worried about the time and knowledge needed to do this. I'm only focusing on bottom dollar cost at this point. I know it can be done fairly easily. It's just cost that's making me try to find some short cuts.

My Accord History:
      91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Here’s the pins for both the PT3, P06, and most other OBD1’s for that matter.

Color Codes:
        unnecessary outputs
        unnecessary inputs
        necessary outputs
        necessary static inputs
        necessary dynamic inputs

*KOEO - key on engine off
        *KOER - key on engine running

A1 – INJ1 +12v KOEO, ground pulses when injector activates
        A2 – INJ4 +12v KOEO, ground pulses when injector activates
        A3 – INJ2 +12v KOEO, ground pulses when injector activates
        A4 – not used (VTEC)
        A5 – INJ3 +12v KOEO, ground pulses when injector activates
        A6 – Heated O2 (black wire) +12v KOEO
        A7 – PGMFI relay +12v KOEO or KOER
        A8 - PGMFI relay +12v KOEO or KOER
        A9 - IACV +12v KOEO, ground pulses when valve activates
        A10 - not used
        A11 – EGR Solenoid
        A12 – Fan Timer
        A13 – Cluster Warning
        A14 – not used
        A15 – Compressor clutch
        A16 - Alternator
        A17 – not used (IAB)
        A18 – not used (auto trans)
        A19 – intake solenoid
        A20 – EVAP purge solenoid
        A21 – Igniter control about +10v KOEO
        A22 – Igniter control about +10v KOEO
        A23 – Shared sensor ground ground
        A24 – Shared sensor ground ground
        A25 – Switched +12v +12v KOEO
        A26 – Shared sensor gorund & shielded wire ground ground

B1 – Switched +12v +12v KOEO
        B2 – Shared Sensor ground ground
        B3 – not used (auto trans)
        B4 – not used (auto trans)
        B5 – A/C press switch
        B6 – not used
        B7 – not used (auto trans)
        B8 – p/s pressure switch
        B9 – starter signal +12V in start position
        B10 – VSS signal pulses +5v per every rotation of the wheel
        B11 – CYP +
        B12 – CYP -
        B13 – TDC +
        B14 – TDC -
        B15 – CKP +
        B16 – CKP -

D1 – Constant +12v +12v at all times
        D2 – brake switch
        D3 – not used (knock)
        D4 – service check connector
        D5 – not used
        D6 – not used (VTEC)
        D7 - not used (data link)
        D8 – not used
        D9 - alternator +5v KOEO, decreases as alt load increases
        D10 - ELD +5v KOEO, decrease as alt load increase
        D11 – TPS signal .5V closed, 4.5V @ WOT
        D12 – EGR lift sensor +1.5v KOER
        D13 – coolant temp sensor .5V-4.5V KOEO decreases as temp increases
        D14 – Heated O2 (white wire) .5v KOEO, decreases as engine warms up
        D15 – Intake temp sensor signal .5-4.5v, varies based on temp
        D16 – not used
        D17 – MAP signal +3v KOEO, varies based on vacuum (about .5V at 25in. HG)
        D18 – not used (auto trans)
        D19 – Sensor voltage reference +5v KOEO
        D20 – Sensor voltage reference +5v KOEO
        D21 – Sensor ground reference ground
        D22 – Sensor ground reference ground

Pins hooked up to all 4 ECU's
        A16
        A23
        A24
        A25
        A26

B1
        B2
        B9
        B10
        B11
        B12
        B13
        B14
        B15
        B16

D1
        D9
        D10
        D11
        D12
        D13
        D15
        D17
        D19
        D20
        D21
        D22

The rest are either run seperately to each computer or not used at all.

Now, when I get a chance, or if any of you guys feel like helping, stick an ohm meter up to all the orange blue and green devices to get the reistance ratings of them. That way I know what size resistors need to be used to "fool" each of the ECU's into thinking it's got them hooked up. Also gotta figure out where diodes are going to be needed and if any other special steps will be needed to isolate circuit and keep the resistance within spec. This really isn't that difficult

My Accord History:
        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

bump...

no more input?

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

im going to start from the bottom of the list when i get a chance and edit your post and add information to each item... ill test the sensors and also get more info from the helms. if you start, start from the top, so we dont waste time

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Now That's What I'm Talkin About!!!!!

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

After talking with MRX and doing a little research on my own, I think this project would be better with the MegaSquirt DIY ECU. I'm still trying to verify 100% that it can take input from multiple MAF's and O2's and use that info to control the fuel trim for each injector individually. With MS, 1 ECU should work for this and it will take two of them for my eventual motor project. They can control up to 16 injectors and I plan to use all 16 outputs of the second ECU to control other features of the new engine (provided that they can be controlled individually). The MS is basically a universal ECU I just need to verify that it can be built and programmed to handle my plans for it. Plus it's relatively cheap and you know how I am when it comes to cost

Here's some info for you guys that want to learn a few things:
                http://www.megasquirt.info/

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Well I don't mean to be offensive but ultimately you would be getting the same effect as running a stand alone a/f system. WHy go through the hassel? And I see that you have other projects going at the same time.... I think seeing the RWD would be about 30X more beneficial than this.

Comment

not quite. It needs to get a MAF signal and O2 signal PER CYLINDER and use that info to adjust each cyl's injector based on the MAF & O2 signals for THAT CYL along with the RPM, TPS, IAT & ECT signal to control each cyl independantly.

The RWD project will be done first, but this is a longterm project that I'm just posting ideas to try to get a better idea of how to accomplish this task. I have a great re-design or the 4-stroke motor but the ECU controls are the hardest aspect of it so I'm trying to make that simplified & cheap, but still effective. It's gonna take a little while.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

So you will get very precise measurements from all the sensors. but do you understand the difference in being precise, and being accurate? I think this was already mentioned, but O2 sensors measure the best guess of the oxygen content in the exhaust path... its a crude way to guess at the AF ratios. but good ratios also depend on the mixture, the atomization, all that stuff. Even after all this work, you'll still be basing it off the crude data and innacuracy of O2 sensors. (i dont know of any better ways, its still probably the best way) You can make all these very precise computations but it will only be as accurate as your data... ya know?

hold on to your butts

Comment

Right, but tuning it with a wideband on each individual cylinder and tweaking each one individually will be more accurate than using a wideband to get a good average a/f ratio for all for together. The eventual motor I want to run will be more versatile than an average motor so I really need to control each cyl independantly or it's almost pointless to do it.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                          Right, but tuning it with a wideband on each individual cylinder and tweaking each one individually will be more accurate than using a wideband to get a good average a/f ratio for all for together. The eventual motor I want to run will be more versatile than an average motor so I really need to control each cyl independantly or it's almost pointless to do it.
                          I dont know..i think it would be cool to see. but there are PLENTY of super high horse power cars out there that use one ECU without any problem

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

yeah, but the plan is to get ONE engine to be able to get 60+ MPG when you take it easy on it, but still be able to get a 4 cyl to kick out over 300hp NA when you get down on it. I'd rather have one engine and multiple ECU's then hooking up an econobox motor & performance motor and being able to switch back and forth in real time. Plus the motor I want to use can run on butane, propane, kerosene, gasoline, methanol, and so on. It's not a typical setup. Eric, I'll send you the design plans once I get some patents on some things. I think you'd appreciate it. It's a long way from done but there's been a lot of thought put into it so far and I think it's do-able. The hardest part is the engine controls so that's what I'm working on now. I can really use any block/head and modify them for my purposes, but the ECU is the hardest part so I figure I should work on that the most.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

HEY IF YOU GET THIS DONE THEN PROPS. I STILL THINK IS POINTLESS, BUT A QUESTION HERE WHY DO THIS AND SPEND MONEY ON THIS SET UP WHEN YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH SO MORE JUST CHIPPING ONE ECU? BUT HEY MAN GOOD LUCK, AND KEEP US POSTED

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

Price?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                                X