Using 4 ECU's Simultaneously On 1 Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chicohonda91
    HEY IF YOU GET THIS DONE THEN PROPS. I STILL THINK IS POINTLESS, BUT A QUESTION HERE WHY DO THIS AND SPEND MONEY ON THIS SET UP WHEN YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH SO MORE JUST CHIPPING ONE ECU? BUT HEY MAN GOOD LUCK, AND KEEP US POSTED
    Read the details.....this is not going to be used on a factory engine. It is going to be used on a new engine design that I came up with, which means there's no factory ECU to run it so I gotta make one. I want to start out getting it to correctly run a factory engine and once the kinks are worked out then it will be moved over to the new engine.

Originally posted by sonikaccord
    Price?
    Mega Squirt is about $200 for the kit which requires assembly and soldering but that's no biggie. Plus it uses GM sensors so a few junkyard sensors for like $200 or less and I should be good. Works with any fuel injectors.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

u r one crazy mo fo
      but i luv it
      cant wait to see wat kinna crazy ass motor u got
      my ride

Comment

oh and btw
        is that motor gonna be used on ur rwd cb7?
        wats goin on with that project
        my ride

Comment

wow, you should really get your plans all together, and show them to an investor. if you can design what your talking about, then you could make alot of money.
          ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
            wow, you should really get your plans all together, and show them to an investor. if you can design what your talking about, then you could make alot of money.
            There is absolutely no need for FOUR ECUs anymore...microprocessors have advanced so much since the late 80s, you could run 100,000,000 cars on a single computer.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Wow talking about an old thread. 4 ECU take up too much room and money better off just having one control unit works wonders and decreases cost.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

wow, i remember this thread back when i just joined(or around that date)

is his goal to run each ECU on its respective cylinders, maximizing the effectiveness of each burn while also increasing horsepower????
                "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

dude

that sounds kewl as hell if it works i dont know enough to to really comment but im trying something with my greddy ultimate management system i know its for turbos but it give you all that your asking of with the 4 ecus and 4 mafs with greddy you can control both the ignition and fuel per cylinder and at different rpms to run a little richer in every other cylinder to adjust for that lobbyness of a cam
                  i have the harness and all but the install and tuning is going to set me back like a grand but thats with dyno tuning too thats on top of 700 bucks ive spent on the greddy stuff ecu harness
                  but for now im just going to chip with chrome cheaper 450 installed and tuned and all i have to do is watch and drool at the possible out come of 15 horse and 3 mpg more how can you refuse that
                  so good luck and let us know how everything is progressing
                  i went over 88mph and its not even yesterday
                  second try 112+ mph havent even gained 5mins
                  stupid fluxcopasitor damned DMC parts

my thread
                  comin at ya

Comment

Old thread indeed.....

( thoughts ) ..

ITBS...4 MAP sensors....4 ECUs.... 4 O2 sensors..OR one Wideband...and 4 TPSs...4 harnesses.

then a standalone ECU to control the other work..( temperature...etc..etc )

I dunno...my brain is calculating alot ....but im just rambling!

Im not that good at the electrical work.....but hey...we can all dream right?

I give you ALOT OF PROPS for trying and attempting what others have dreamed of!

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP!
                    92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

yup, it's old and I'm bringing back up once again.

Mike has known about this for a few years by now, but here is what it going to be used on. I don't have the time/patience/equipment to make it happen, so I'm no longer keeping this secret.

It is not complete and probably has quite a few flaws in the design and concepts, but this should give you a good idea and why I wanted to control each cylinder individually.

My Custom Engine Design (download and open the DOC file)

My Accord History:
                      91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

ah yes the hx1... a lot of time was put into planning that thing out, i remember reading through the whole design a while ago.

it sucks man when projects like this need to be put on hold, possibly permanently... would have been extremely interesting to watch and help with

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I read part of the 1st page and I can say sounds like its going to be a lot of hard work, if successful I would say you need to tell import tuner and Honda tunning, may just be like a feature interest story.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Can you guys seriously explain to me your reasoning for this? Im not trying to be an ass hole, i really just cant wrap my head around any logical reason for FOUR ECUs.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                              Can you guys seriously explain to me your reasoning for this? Im not trying to be an ass hole, i really just cant wrap my head around any logical reason for FOUR ECUs.
                              Read Patrick's article. It explains it all. And I think he also scrapped the whole actual use of 4 seperate ECUs.

I just read the first 25 pages, and I am just blown away. The motor is totally feasible. I think it just needs to be shown to the right people, and it will be created.
                              Gary A.K.A. Carter
                              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

yeah, at the time I created this thread I was looking into trying to make this happen with what I had available. I'm not going to be attempting this build any time soon, but if I were to do it, I'd just use a regular PC and get a card that had bare wires I could connect to everything that allowed analog/digital I/O. This is all do-able.

Before I pursed this any further, I'd have to have a motor built that I can use for development.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Working...
                                X