low impedance to high impedance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

low impedance to high impedance?

Ok i was curious if any one has converted there injectors from the stock low impedance to high impedance injectors and what wires u have to cut and splice together on are car. i have been able to find how to convert it from low to high but plenty on running low impednace injectors on high impedance cars. and i have beeen checking the wires with ohm meet and my ohm meeter isn't coming up with accurate readings. if any one has any insite or knows what wires to cut and splice please help. thanks.

do i simply just disconnect the harness that goes into the resistor box?

Comment

Thats what I would think you do. Try it and see what happens.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

but you still have to run th ewires from the ecu to the injectors.basicly look at the diagram and just rule the resistors out.

ILBB
        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
        The world needs to be reset.

Comment

unplug the injectors and test them individually without any wiring going to them. If they are high impedence (about 13 ohms or so) then you do not want to use a resistor pack. There is a +12V wire that goes to the resistor pack. You would want to cut that and run it to each injector instead. The grounds for the injectors go to the ECU and would remain untouched. I'd just make a jumper at the F.I resistor pack plug that connects the +12V wire to all 4 injector + wires. Of course low impedence (about 6 ohms) will need the resistor pack.

My Accord History:
          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
            unplug the injectors and test them individually without any wiring going to them. If they are high impedence (about 13 ohms or so) then you do not want to use a resistor pack. There is a +12V wire that goes to the resistor pack. You would want to cut that and run it to each injector instead. The grounds for the injectors go to the ECU and would remain untouched. I'd just make a jumper at the F.I resistor pack plug that connects the +12V wire to all 4 injector + wires. Of course low impedence (about 6 ohms) will need the resistor pack.

good shit.

what injectors are you putting on btw?

ILBB
            People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
            The world needs to be reset.

Comment

thanks for the input i understand now what to do, and im goin to be running 750cc RC high impedance injectors that im gettin of a friend for working on his car.

Comment

Working...
              X