CATALYTIC CONVERTER Question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CATALYTIC CONVERTER Question??

ok i know CATALYTIC CONVERTER are kinda alot. like at autozone and everywere else but how are this? they say performance but for that price i cant believe it.my car is Auto and everything is stock. and wanted to get something new stock one and was wondering how are these CATALYTIC CONVERTER from ebay? like these one and why is it so cheap?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...spagenameZWDVW

Here we go:

First off, if you want some good performance modifications, then start saving, because adding a cat isn't a major mod, and won't give you major hp or much else.

Secondly, Thats not a catalytic converter, that is a test-pipe. Test Pipes are illegal, and DO NOT pass emissions.

Thirdly, test-pipes make your car very loud and sometimes very annoying.

Fourthly, If you really want to upgrade your cat then most likely it will cost around 40-60 bucks..
    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Flexpipe as in downpipe?

I believe it goes header, downpipe, cat, mid-pipe, axle back..

Comment

sorry i didnt mean to talk about the flex pipe in this thread. i meant to make a new one pressed the wrong button

Comment

no i dont want anything performance or an upgrade. i just want something stock or maybe something a little better. like i said. my car is auto and my engine is stock. its just that i bought a new exhuast system and everything is new and just wanted to see if there was something that was good at a cheap price cuz i know autozone has them for about $113 or something. the stock one and i was wondering what that one was that they have on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by honda83
            no i dont want anything performance or an upgrade. i just want something stock or maybe something a little better. like i said. my car is auto and my engine is stock. its just that i bought a new exhuast system and everything is new and just wanted to see if there was something that was good at a cheap price cuz i know autozone has them for about $113 or something. the stock one and i was wondering what that one was that they have on ebay.
            i wish otherwise i woulda copped one..but sadly..they don't pass emissions.

Comment

get yourself a Mangaflow car sound cat, i got mine for 50 bux on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by ez8o5

im happy with mine

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by ez8o5
                  That would be your cheapest option.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

So is this what's good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAGNA...spagenameZWD1V

thats the cat you guys are talking about. Does it already come with the flanges or no/ because the pictures don't have it.

Let me know I may order one since my car is leakin

Comment

No that one doesn't come with flanges. That's like another $50. I have that exact same one sitting in my garage, $40 shipped if anyone wants it.
                      Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                      -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                      MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Get a catco catalytic converter on ebay w/o the flanges. They run around $30-40.USD. Then go to your muffler shop and ask them to weld it on for you. Chances are your downpipe along with your flex pipe flanges are rusted from day 1.

Nevermind performance for now, think about saving the Earth. A catalytic converter converts carbon monoxide to carbon dioxide. Also, you may need a cat to pass emissions in your state.

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                        1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

well thats the same one i got on my car. if you want to hear it how it sounds just click on the signature video.
                          Last edited by chicohonda91; 05-28-2006, 07:10 PM.

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

Working...
                          X