Twin Loop OK in CA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twin Loop OK in CA?

hey has anyone gotten their car smogged in CA with the JDM twinloop? I want to get the one from JDMcarboy.com...but would it pass smog? thanks.

My Ongoing CB7 Project

id like to know this oneas well, i have a twin loop
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

if I'm not mistaken........ anything after the cat is not considered part of the emissions system, and is therefore ok.

Comment

take it to the state ref and have it tested. if it passes the noise limit.. you should be fine.

Comment

Well, I'm not in CA...but my bud Cory (aka blackice) has an H22 with a large resonator and a twinloop and it's pretty quiet. I've been behind the car on the road, and it was quieter than I thought it would be. Still allows plenty of good breathing in the upper revs though.....
          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by 90accords
            if I'm not mistaken........ anything after the cat is not considered part of the emissions system, and is therefore ok.
            nope you are correct. what so special about that funky looking muffler?
            FA1

Comment

increased performance + less noise = sleeper status
              My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
                nope you are correct. what so special about that funky looking muffler?
                straight thru design but without the noise...im running no resonator so that might be one of the contributing reasons to why it migjht be so loud.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

Drloveskudang has one doesnt he and hes in Cali?

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The muffler has nothing to do with smog passing. That is the sniffer "air quality". If you have to go to a ref to get the car BAR'ed they may bitch about noise but as long as you are running a resonator and stuff you should be ok. If it is strait pipe they will make you go quieter before you BAR.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                      Drloveskudang has one doesnt he and hes in Cali?
                      yea, his is OBX
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                      X