steering wheel removal. 92/93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering wheel removal. 92/93

so yea i did a search so hardy har har...

how do you remove the f***in steering wheel. the 92-93.

the non air bag steering wheel accords 9091 didnt have it but i have a 92 and 93. have no idea how...

no bullshit questions on why im doing this or whats the reason. i just wanna know how to get that damn steering wheel off while saving the air bag.

First pull the fuse for the srs system in the kick panel. remove the two access panels on both sides of the wheel one of which is part of the cruise buttons. you will see a #27 or 30 torx head bolt gold in color on both sides, remove them. Once removed you can slide the air bag out and unplug. on the left side cover you removed should be a red plug which can be plugged into the harness of the airbag so it doesnt short out. Now you can access the 19mm steering hub bolt to remove the wheel. I just did this this past wekend to install my 91 lude si wheel. Even got the cruise and horn to work again, but just have to figure out how to modify the column covers to fit and not rub.So for now no column covers.

Comment

I would pull the batt also and let it sit for a while. Always better to be safe around airbags i really dont feel like having a projectile capable of doing 200+ mph in my face or chest. But after you do that as mentioned above bolts in the back of steering wheel then the main nut that holds the wheel in and bam dont forget to keep the wheel straight and lined up so you dont have a crooked wheel on the install.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        I would pull the batt also and let it sit for a while. Always better to be safe around airbags i really dont feel like having a projectile capable of doing 200+ mph in my face or chest. But after you do that as mentioned above bolts in the back of steering wheel then the main nut that holds the wheel in and bam dont forget to keep the wheel straight and lined up so you dont have a crooked wheel on the install.

should come with a lockout key to prevent the bag from getting any power even if the battery is connected
        ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

appreciate it guys.

Comment

search for my steering wheel momo swap thread...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...steering+wheel

with pics too

Originally posted by fizzbob7
            first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
            Originally posted by ACC0RD22
            no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
            So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Working...
            X