intake flame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intake flame

hey i got a rpoblem ..im trying to set my engine back to tdc well...i set #pistin then set my cam gear where it should be , my rotor is facing to the first plug wire on the dizzy so i put everything back together , go to start it and get a big flame that shot out of the inake at the throttle body anyone ever experience this before? if so, is my timing belt off a tooth..and which way should i move it? thanx

sounds like ur out of timing 180 degree's.. there bub.. redo the timing belt..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
      sounds like ur out of timing 180 degree's.. there bub.. redo the timing belt..
      so take the timing belt off and turn thecam 180's is what youre sayint then?

Comment

no no no lol.. u cant.. because ur more than likely end up hitting a valve.. u have to rotate them together..

make sure the up area on the cam gear is aligned with the head.. (slightly tilted back) and the mark on the timing gear is aligned with the mark on the block..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

pull off the timing covers and make sure all of the markings line up PERFECTLY...

crank and front balance shaft have notches, rear balance shaft you use the rear alignment hole, cam gear(s) have horizontal lines that are supposed to line up with the top edge of the head and an arrow that points straight up...

make sure all the timing is perfect, check the firing order of the plugs, and check the dizzy timing...

you can make sure that #1 is at TDC by sliding a wooden rod into the cylinder, you can see it moving up and down as you turn the crank...
          Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-17-2006, 10:02 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ok this time the tach jumped when i turned it over but the battery died so i think im close but without power i cant do anything...

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
              pull off the timing covers and make sure all of the markings line up PERFECTLY...

crank and front balance shaft have notches, rear balance shaft you use the rear alignment hole, cam gear(s) have horizontal lines that are supposed to line up with the top edge of the head and an arrow that points straight up...

make sure all the timing is perfect, check the firing order of the plugs, and check the dizzy timing...

you can make sure that #1 is at TDC by sliding a wooden rod into the cylinder, you can see it moving up and down as you turn the crank...
              you do know that this is a crx not a cb...i figured since it was still a honda you guys could help better than anyone esle...thanx

Comment

dood.. seriously.. ur timing is off.. if ur fluxuating.. lol.. unless u replaced gaskets or something...

go back..

remove the belt..

put something into the 1st cylinder.. (Closest to the timing belt)... long enought to see it go up and down and u be able to get it..

rotate the crank and wait for the stick or w.e u have in there.. go all the way up once its all the way up (do it a few times).. once u get close it will feel like its floating.. now check the timing gear to be aligned with the block.. once that mark is aligned.. put the belt on from the bottom first and then head upward.. when trying to put the belt on make sure the crank doesnt rotate... if u have the tensioner loosened all the way it should be pretty easy for u to do..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

aight man im gonna try this shit again thanx...

Comment

Originally posted by IBCNYA
                    aight man im gonna try this shit again thanx...

GOOD LUCK MAYNE
                    92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

ok try this by the book again ..all marks set where they should be
                      #1 tdc...cam gear where it should be ...rite lets crank this bitch i mean i took three hours carfully over and over checking this shit out making sure its where i need it ....turn the key i get one poof from the engine then nothing ..its getting fire i pulled the plugs they re ok..wires getting fire wtf is going on...its not this hard... some body think my timing belt may be a tooth off?? can you help me out here?

Comment

come on guys i know someone here has a clue this bitch hasnt ran in two dayz...

Comment

Check your firing order.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                            Check your firing order.
                            ive seen intake flames when plug wires were switched around. i mentioned checking the firing order in my post... did you check and double check it yet?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                            X