battery keeps dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery keeps dying

I live in cumblowus ohioslow, but right now i am in wisconsin training on how to operate wreckers for my two week army reserve annaul training. N-E-wayz there is a guy down here that drove his 93 green ex from wheeling crust virginland. Like myself he has the optima redtop spiral cell. To the point, Every morning we try go to class he has to get a jump from sumone else so his car can start. Now this is important to me because he is my ride My troubleshooting which aint that great has ruled out the alternator/alt. connections,battery, pos/neg cables,terminals, loose terminal connections, starting circuit from pos. termnial,thru starter,alt, to ground/s. Nothing, unless i am retarded.and as far as i know he does not leave his lights on at night, as a matter of fact they are not as bright as they are suppose to be. No system in his car. Battery is still always dead next day or hours later. WTF? Open circuit somewhere causing draw resulting in dead battery every f******g morning..Help!

You just answered your own question get a good quality battery brand new from sears or autozone. Then try this out if the new batter gets drained take the negative side off the battery if it just shuts off completely then its your altenaotr thats draining the batter. But i would change the batter fuck taking it to get checked. sometimes the testers arent the best accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
      I live in cumblowus ohioslow, but right now i am in wisconsin training on how to operate wreckers for my two week army reserve annaul training. N-E-wayz there is a guy down here that drove his 93 green ex from wheeling crust virginland. Like myself he has the optima redtop spiral cell. To the point, Every morning we try go to class he has to get a jump from sumone else so his car can start. Now this is important to me because he is my ride My troubleshooting which aint that great has ruled out the alternator/alt. connections,battery, pos/neg cables,terminals, loose terminal connections, starting circuit from pos. termnial,thru starter,alt, to ground/s. Nothing, unless i am retarded.and as far as i know he does not leave his lights on at night, as a matter of fact they are not as bright as they are suppose to be. No system in his car. Battery is still always dead next day or hours later. WTF? Open circuit somewhere causing draw resulting in dead battery every f******g morning..Help!

yo..Eugene...TRY THIS MAYNE.... ok..you already did the obvious...NOW...check the battery fuse...its a 80 AMP...if thats blown..then that can cause it to die.....something that simple can MOSTLY get overlooked!!

so check that fuse..you may need a phillips screwdriver to get it out...it has two screws!!!

so yeah..check that...and if thats not it...then theres probably a short in the ground somewhere between the battery/ground/ Alternator im guessing!!
      92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
      My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

x2

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
        yo..Eugene...TRY THIS MAYNE.... ok..you already did the obvious...NOW...check the battery fuse...its a 80 AMP...if thats blown..then that can cause it to die.....something that simple can MOSTLY get overlooked!!

so check that fuse..you may need a phillips screwdriver to get it out...it has two screws!!!

so yeah..check that...and if thats not it...then theres probably a short in the ground somewhere between the battery/ground/ Alternator im guessing!!

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7

Checked. that ...Didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
            Checked. that ...Didn't work.

yo..CHECK THESE....check the Trunk light/ glove box light/ and Hood light...if those are not aligned..then that could be the culprit...

so check these AT NIGHT....

trunk lid light...

glove box light...

might be on but you can't tell when its daylight!

EVEN though they're closed

NOTE: might want to flip down the back seat....and see if its on...

and then...AT NIGHT..peek through the crack of the glove box..and see if its on...

UNLESS....lol..you have someone get in the trunk...and close it...and have them tell you if the light is still on!...LMAO
            Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 05-17-2006, 08:08 PM.
            92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
            My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Working...
            X