Never Ever Seen Before!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never Ever Seen Before!

I got a stock auto '92 Honda Accord. Got a problem I bet not a single person on here have ever experience before. I check all the tread some are close but none alike.

When I drive the rpm would jump back and forth sometime dropping to "ZERO", but the thing is that when it drops to zero the engine "DOESN"T" even cut off. And when I step on the gas to boost the rpm up the car doesn't even moves rpm still at zero. Werid hah, engine doesn't cut off, gas doesn't move the car, rpm is dead at "ZERO". Eventurally, if I keep stepping on the gas the car will just suddenly move again and rpm jump back to normal again. No CEL light comes on meaning no CEL code to read.

People on the road be looking at me weird, how I just be crawling then just suddenly boosting forward, thinking I'm trying to race them or something. Someone help me out plz cause this is my only means of transportation for my 4 years in college.

check your fuel lines and fuel pump? you might have a block somewhere..

just a suggestion for a place to start
    2007 Subaru WRX Limited - Stage 2

Comment

check throttle cable slack...umm...how is ur timming...
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I think my uncle had something fairly close to this on his 97 Accord V6, only he pulled codes. Does the CEL light have to go off for you to pull codes?...I couldn't tell you off-hand, would have to look it up.

Anyways, he ended up replacing his igniter, which by the way is not the ignition coil...it's I guess what you'd also call the ignition module.

I'll have to ask him again about it.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

This sounds like what happens to me sometimes. It's probably the tranny. Gears are slipping, causing a weird load on the motor, making rpms drop, then all of a sudden, it'll catch and take off, almost like leaving on a trans-brake when drag racing. My tranny needs replacing, but I'm still beating the crap out of it and it's hasn't blown up yet. Once it dies, it's auto-manual conversion time!
          -Ryan-

My life is rated R.

Comment

I think it's a bad ground. Check all you grounds and make sure you have a good connection from battery to chassis, battery to engine, and engine to chassis.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

i had a similar problem, my tach would go crazy, both gauges would drop to zero. when i stepped on the brake my controller and stereo would turn off... just ended up being a loose alternator connection.

Comment

Dang everyone with different thoughts.

Just want to add that when the rpm drop dead zero and gas is step the cars doesn't move and engines dosen't cut off its like paking in neutral.

I thought it would be the throttle body or IAC Valve.

In Luck today when my dad drove it the engine actually cut off this time. Now I can see what code it is.

Comment

Working...
                X