• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Brake

Does anyone know how to tighten it?

A little too much ass draggin for me

H23?

I think if u take off the plastic around it look for a screw you need to tighted it to your liking

Comment

ahh did i catch this sooner?? haha

the clicks should be about 4-6 clicks...

take off that center thing and then tighten the nuts..

lift the car to check and spin the tires, then pull up the ebrake slowly click by lick, by the half way click then u should start to see it grip

same for the other side.

u notice inside there is 2 nuts i think, one for each side, and on top of it there is one big nut. that is for adjusting the sides one by one and the middle one is adjusting all together.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

That's really not the right way to adjust the e-brake. It should be done on the brake it self. Behind the drum there's a rubber plug. Pop off the plug and you can use a screwdriver to turn the adjuster. Turn it until the wheel spins around maybe once before it stops on its own.

Remember, if the e-brake has to be pulled up high that means you're not getting the full force of the rear brakes when you hit the pedal. Adjusting the handle only fixes the e-brake, doesn't do sh!t for when you need to slow down.

Comment

no thats not right. the right way is the 2 bolts behind the center counsel like stated earlier. you only adjust the brakes at the drum whenever you replace the brakes. after that the brakes will self adjust to compensate for wear.
          FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7-R
            no thats not right. the right way is the 2 bolts behind the center counsel like stated earlier. you only adjust the brakes at the drum whenever you replace the brakes. after that the brakes will self adjust to compensate for wear.
            Self adjusters never work right. They always jam because of brake dust. I have yet to see a car where the self-adjusters work correctly.

EDIT: I would only adjust the handle if I knew the brakes were properly adjusted. Otherwise, I check the brakes first.
            Last edited by NutBucket; 03-25-2004, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X