popping sounds from axle-retake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

popping sounds from axle-retake.

before i posted about a popcorn sounding sound on my axle when i would sometimes shift early or slow down from 55 to 50.

well i revved my car in neutral today and if i rev and let off at 1.7 and it drops from 2.5k rpm down...i hear the pop...feels like from the drivers side again....this is dead stopped at a light.

its weird....i mean it happend when they took out that axle and done my motor mounts....iono acclude91 had some good feedback..hopefully he can help me out.

so have you guys had this problem?

'pop pop pop"
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

i say it's backfire. "pop pop" sounds like backfire when either changing gears or accelerating and then decelerating. Correct me if i'm wrong. Either that or somethings wrong with your exhaust.
    BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

thanks for the replies.

no way its back fire...its actually comming from that axle if u put ur head next to the wheel...but of course sound travels through metal so it may be the transmission.

weird huh....crazy. ill find out for sure on friday, they are going to take it down and see whats up.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

maybe a noisey broken wheel bearing?

JDMED

buy my jdm part
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

If it's the driver's side I'd remove the timing belt cover and inspect the belt. The tensioner could be losse and the poping noise you here is the belt flapping around.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

update
            well its in no way the timming belt. all that work for nothing! haha. -thanks for the advice though bustedLX.

today i took the nut off the axle and then put it back on again....now i dont get that popping sound ne more. yet i get a slightly lower popping sound from the passenger side now. so i took that bolt off and tightened it as well...for some reason i couldnt get it as tight as the other side.....my 'mac tools' air gun wasnt pushing..nor was my breaker bar....i extended it with a pipe and i bent the bar =).

ill test drive it more tomorrow....also ill try and make the sound happen like before (rev in neutral).

when i used to put it in reverse i would hear a pop....but now i dont hear it any more thanks to tightening that nut.

if im not lazy..i may take off the axle and inspect the inner differential bearing and that part of the axle that goes in the tranny.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

did you properly torque the axle nut on both sides? or just tighten it up randomly
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i attempted to torque it...but when i put it up to the max on the torque wrench...i couldnt go that high haha...i think the max is 200....i think spec is 265 torque? i forgot...

maybe lower...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

well we think its the main bering inside the tranny....the sound is being heard through the drivers side cause it may be travelling through the axle. its a myth but only can be explained if we take down the tranny.

it may also be just the axle but im getting no clicking noise and its a fairly new axle.

since new members on this board are here...maybe u guys have some more input.

this happend after i got my rear and side motor mounts replaced....the axle was removed. refer to my first post for more detail.

still makes the sound, but not harsh cuase i dont TRY and make the sound.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

if i push the gas it wont do ne thing but if i let off then it will make a howling sound kinda like a car downshifting.....

i forgot how to take my axles off LOLZ...i believe these are lifetime warrenty...but iono

i dont feel like going to the shop and complaining...they are SOO sure that its the tranny. im really getting annoyed....

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                    X