• Show
Clear All

The Journey of the A6-Dual Runners

overview why the a6 motor differs, aside from the cam

Dual Runner Overview

how to wire it up...somewut...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=4569

----
    i decided to have some fun and tell you what i am doing throught the process.

I did pull both manifolds from the junk yard. One is for WhoaNAh on this site, and one is for me.

Tasks:
    CLean Egr Ports
    Clean inside and get it very nice.
    Show how to install etc.

there are alot more tasks im thinking about but ill add them later.

Now this isnt the ultimate build up, unlike porting the whole head and manifold system and putting some really beffy stuff. But in my mind, its 40 bucks at the junk yard, and hell of easy to do, and for maybe almost 10HP with dual runners, i like.

----
    You need a 91 SE ecu or a 92 93 EX or SE ecu to run it, it opens the valves blah blah blah

Oh dont forget the black control box for the manifold...

I am already running a 93 SE ecu....feels better than my stock 91 ex ecu.
    ----
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Cleaning

Now today i started cleaning these filthy things. I dont like the idea of having a clean motor and a ugly manifold.

The one on the left is whoaNAh's and the one on the right is mine, i just pulled it today.

thats my pressure washer i used....see INTEk haha

taken apart and drying
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Man, them are blingin! Nice job! Thanks!

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

What yard are you getting your stuff from?

Comment

pick and pull in sacramento...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
            pick and pull in sacramento...
            I think CB7s are just now showing up in junkyard here in SoCal. They've all gone to salvage up until just recently.

Comment

there are barley any cb7's here...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

well today i took a dremel and started cleaning it inside. i used a stainless steal bristle to take off all the old crap and the carbon ugly crap inside.

then i took a dremel flap sander thing and started going through the holes and smoothening the inside, it may not be worth it, but hey im bored. i just like how smooth it has become.

i was planning to bore out the throttle body but its time consuming for me, maybe sometime in the future.

but as for now its clean and smooth

tomorrow is the EGR ports for both manifolds.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i cleaned the filthy EGR ports. 91accord4door said only take out the 4 access ports, but i decided to look at the other 2 and they were completley clogged...it seems that the clog started there and not where the runners are.

so i did that for a while, drilled out the thing, didnt use a slide hammer =) and then pressure washed it out of there...its super clean now.

i also finished and polished the interior of both manifolds. they are now pretty smooth....

now i just need one more gasket and this thing is ready to go.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

ya you didnt need a slidehammer because its not on the engine lol its a lot easier with it out ofthe engine.damn your other 2 were clogged? mine were fine..good job though.

Comment

how clogged were the other 2.any pics?i wonder why mine wereclean.i figured yours would be clean because my engines beat to hell and mine were fine.

Comment

Hey man, keep up the good work

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

when i took off the 2 plugs, i thought there was nothing in it, but it was really just black plastic...thats how clogged it was...it was really bad. it seemed it clogged therebefore it got to the other 4 ports.

see i found that first it goes to the first 2, then to the other 4...that how it works.

i cleaned it and i was like its clean, but then i looked inside and its clear but there is still gunk there so it will cause build up later you know? so what i did i got some brake cable from a bike yea that iron shit, and then i put it into the egr valve line and started to feed it through..i immediatly got resistance so i hoked it up to my drill and started feeding it back and forth....kinda like uncloggin a toilet.

so then hella crap started comming out that the throttle body cleaner didnt take out...and then the lines were very clear....

in the DIY on this site they just cleaned down to the hole, and i was like humm...they didnt get the rest that might of clogged up as well.

ill post pics in abit.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

its a lot easier with it off the car.goodwork.

Comment

see the bottom hole, those were the ones that were really caked!

thats mine on the stool and thewhoaNAh's on the floor where it SHOULD BE haha jk!!

tools..

polished and slightly bored throttle body and inner of that is polished and smoothened.

polished runners!! look at that!!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                              X