Rod Bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod Bearings

Replacing some rod bearings this coming up weekend, what are the torque spics for bolts that hold the rod to the crank???

Also, found this site, think it's worth the extra money for better rod bearings?

http://www.importperformanceparts.ne...ngs_honda.html

Yea, anyone hear of TOGA in general? How are they in terms of quality? Also, what do they mean their bearings do not require color coding? I wonder if this means they are limited in size variety. From what I've read, you're supposed to match Honda bearings to the color code they were ....someone clarify this?
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

hey im not sure if youre a newbie tech or not, so no disrespect if you're not. But you really need to know how to work on a motor if your going to replace your rods. besides the torque specs(34 ft lb) you also need the clearance which is 0.021-0.049mm. and you also need to mic your crank, cause if its not within specs then the new rods wont fit properly. As for the color codes yeah they are supposed to be matched up. Im not sure how that company can pull off not color matching them.
      FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

CB7-R quote:

"As for the color codes yeah they are supposed to be matched up. Im not sure how that company can pull off not color matching them."

That's what I said...

Comment

Sidenote: I've been to that import parts site pasted above & saw the Toga high-volume oil pump. It's slightly cheaper than stock too. I figured in adding this to my shopping list, however, I was like....High-volume?? Doesn't that mean high-pressure to obtain this high-volume...if so, would that blow out my oil seals? So I've reverted to just buying new stock.

Felt like stating this cuz TOGA has had me wondering on their true quality...I should call someday.

I'm really interested in a TOGA user opinion....anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by cb7-R
            hey im not sure if youre a newbie tech or not, so no disrespect if you're not. But you really need to know how to work on a motor if your going to replace your rods. besides the torque specs(34 ft lb) you also need the clearance which is 0.021-0.049mm. and you also need to mic your crank, cause if its not within specs then the new rods wont fit properly. As for the color codes yeah they are supposed to be matched up. Im not sure how that company can pull off not color matching them.

I totally appreciate your knowledge, and you watching out for others here like that but I know what pretty much what I'm doing. My bestfriend is the head mech. at a repair shop here in town so he going to get everything off the program at his work that we need to know. I was just going to see if anyone knew off the top of there and compare. I might be a newbie here but not a newbie to working on cars. Don't get me wrong I have learned new things by reading these forums but if I don't know it my bestfriend does or shall I say can get it.

Thanks though.

Comment

OK hope everything goes well
              FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Working...
              X