short shifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short shifters

i dont really wanna spend 130 bux on the forbidden shifter but it says on the the site that their 92-96 lude shifters will work for 90-97 accords. is this true to all accords and that i could juss get a 92-96 lude shifter??? and if all else fails, anyone have a pacesetter quick shift? and if ya do, do u like it or does it suck
    In memory of Jameel Johnson 4.30.05--You will never be forgotten...

MY Car

HydroDunk Mixtapes...check it out

You have to totally butcher your console for the forbidden lude shifter to work... and I do mean butcher...

and I thought the 4thGen Pacesetter short shifter had been dubunked as a "never went into production yet still listed" item... I could be wrong but that's what I remember....

I just talked to a guy with the 91-93 Neuspeed shifter and he says it doesn't shorten the throw all that much...not really worth it but better than stock...

But I would think that swapping the lude shifter & assembly would give you a better feel...at least that's what people who have swapped it in have said...not night and day....but atleast dawn/dusk and day difference...

and if you don't mind a little trimming or even mild butchering you could add a shirt shift adapter to that to have a non-notchy short throw... I don't know if anyone has tried this or not....so be aware it might take a little work to make it fit with no interference...
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

I thought that 4bidden made a short shifter for the Accords or do they make one for the lude and we have to modify it to fit?
      "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        you don't have to butcher anything to use the 4bidden shifter...

I've only seen the pics of Gimpy's poor console...but in retrospect he might have been using the Pspec SS...

Glad it fit for you with no rubbing...

even Neuspeed couldn't accomplish that with their adapter for 4thGens...
        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Ok, cool.
          "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

hey guys 4bidden sells a diffrent plate and bracket for our cars. you have to order the parts seperstely though.
            FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Re: short shifters

Originally posted by swassheefry
              i dont really wanna spend 130 bux on the forbidden shifter but it says on the the site that their 92-96 lude shifters will work for 90-97 accords. is this true to all accords and that i could juss get a 92-96 lude shifter??? and if all else fails, anyone have a pacesetter quick shift? and if ya do, do u like it or does it suck
              i've got a neuspeed short shifter adapter for sale if your interested...i'll even lower the price to $65 + shipping or best offer. PM me or respond to this thread if interested...by the way ATTENTION BUSTED LX...i want to buy the original Busted LX short shifter if your interested in selling it
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

ok still tho, will just a lude SS fit or will i havta get a lude assembly??? cuz i dont wanna buy a forbidden cuz i dont feel like spending 130 for it. or since i dont have the tools(like a vice or a grinder) could i send u a money order and u build one for me and mail it to me. then i could juss put it on and put that plate under the assemly making it short looking and have a shorter throw...any takers or makin me one???

MY Car

Comment

ok im just gonna go wit a diy bracket. but since i dont have the means top make one. can someone make one for me and then i sent em a money order to pay for it n the shipping n stuff and then u mail it to me???

MY Car

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                    lol......i'm sure someone would, but honestly, unless you're just not wanting to do it, it's SUPER easy and you need no special tools really....maybe PM bustedLX about it.......he wrecked his car and might just sell that piece to you
                    ITS MINE HANDS OFF!
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I believe 92accordDX is talking to 4bidden about a possible group buy. I'm not sure on the details yet, or even if it's a definite, but I know for a fact that I'll be in on it if it happens!

I'm currently using DX's Neuspeed adapter (traded him my Prelude shifter I got with the swap) and I really don't like it. It rubs in 5th and reverse, I tried to play around with it, and now I have something rubbing in 2nd... It also seems to have come loose (for a second time).

Comment

dang...BustedLX wrecked....geeze...that bites.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
                          I believe 92accordDX is talking to 4bidden about a possible group buy. I'm not sure on the details yet, or even if it's a definite, but I know for a fact that I'll be in on it if it happens!
                          Yea, I think it was him that contacted me. If I get the website finally finished I might toss up a large scale groupbuy, but for now I dont have anything planned. However, if you guys can get at least 3+ together I can get you a better price.
                          -Jeremy

Comment

Works for me... I think we already have 4 definite people interested.

Comment

Working...
                            X