Underdrive Pulley From Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underdrive Pulley From Ebay

Has Anyone bought an underdrive pulley off ebay? does it work? Does it come with an air conditioner belt area to hook up the air conditioner? what belt number is it? Please help me out im really looking foward to buying one but im not sure because i want to keep my a/c hooked up...
    -The New Accord, Does This Mean I Should Change My Member Name? lol

There have been other threads covering this same topic. Search.

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...y+crank+pulley

^^to humor you

I wouldn't buy one though.
    members/ride | the/website
    180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

^^I agree, most Ebay bolt on mods are decent...most are not. I wouldn't trust an Ebay pulley though...that's just me and in theory, what are you expected to get? 3hp?

so, $100ishUSD =3hp.

Save your money on a mods that are worth the money... in my humble opinion...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
      1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Dont buy one especially the Bomz. IT was a bitch gettin mine off plus the aluminum was all fucked up when i finished gettin it off. If i find it ill post it up and you will see the destruction i had to go through just to take the damn pulley off. I would just stay OEM underdrive and maybe just get the same diameter but lighter pulley for the rest of the accessories.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

As with the common opinion I wouldn't trust something like that to an ebay company. Your car isn't going to be faster if you have one. Get somehing that's worth it.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
            As with the common opinion I wouldn't trust something like that to an ebay company. Your car isn't going to be faster if you have one. Get somehing that's worth it.

Yep i learned that the hard way. Anyway that money can be well spent somewhere else to make your car go faster. Its like 200 something for a UD kit from like UR or something like that.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

It's just a freakin' round piece of aluminum.

Go for it.
              2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
              Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
              1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

k now for a serious answer.....do not go EBAY!!! no no no no. and yes the underdrive pulley set is DEF worth it. go with UR SS pulley set. that was one of the biggest gains i have seen yet with all the mods i have done. and u do not want to cheap out on a crank pulley. the damage that could be done if u go cheap could cost thousands. the pulley itself must be balanced! i would like to know what other mods u guys are talking bout?!?!?! i have the UR pulley set btw for over 20k miles and they are wonderful. car revs faster, smoother, better acceleration. just think bout it....less rotating mass where it counts (on the crank) a pretty damn good, SMART mod to do. and there have been numerous threads regarding not only EBAY crap but puleys as well. do a simple search and u will find loads of info and u can come to ur own conclusion as what to do.
                My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
                  and u do not want to cheap out on a crank pulley. the damage that could be done if u go cheap could cost thousands. the pulley itself must be balanced!
                  Can you see where your UR pulley was balanced?
                  Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.

Comment

Fluidampr or something like that has a balanced crank pulley. SUpposedly they are pretty good but dunno anyone using them so cant say. I know some supra guys are running them with no problem and are pretty satisfied with the product.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok....in simple simple terms.....the pulley itself must be balanced. which it is if you check out the spec on the UR site. it does not come with a rubber damper like the stock one bc u do not need it....difference between the pulley being balanced and the pulley comming with the rubber damper. but basically as long as the part is balanced u are all set.....

if anyone has any questions regarding the underdrive pulleys, especially the UR ones feel free to PM me i've done more research on this crap than i want to mention, plus i have first hand experience in many different aspects.
                      My members ride thread

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=crank+pulleys

link to read article from overboost.com

regards tomd

Comment

n simple simple terms.....the pulley itself must be balanced. which it is if you check out the spec on the UR site.
                          Can you explain how they are balanced?

Comment

do u know what balanced means??????????????????????????? the pulley's weight is the same throughtout the pulley without any spots that are heavier. consistant throughtout. u don't want a pulley that is heavyer on one side. therefore a BALANCED pulley will rotate freely without any abnormal movement. not only is the weight consistant but the tolerances are tighter than OEM. and again the overboosts "proof of vibration" is the MOST FLAWED experiment outthere......do u drive a car with the crank outside the engine on a table????? by having the crank inside the engine the vibrations dwindle to near nill. again no facts have been put forward that substantiate the remarks regarding underdrive pulleys.
                            My members ride thread

Comment

do u know what balanced means??????????????????????????? the pulley's weight is the same throughtout the pulley without any spots that are heavier. consistant throughtout. u don't want a pulley that is heavyer on one side. therefore a BALANCED pulley will rotate freely without any abnormal movement. not only is the weight consistant but the tolerances are tighter than OEM.

Calm down.
                              Yes, I certainly do understand what balanced means. I've had crankshafts balanced, and work has to be done to them for that to occur.

...and I don't see any work marks/drilling or anything on pulleys to show me that they have been balanced, only that it is made light and round....which not going to be out of balance...

My point is that a small round piece of aluminum IS "balanced", simply by being small, light, it doesn't have enough mass or diameter to be out of balance by enough to matter.

So, UR, or Ebay....use whatever you want. I have a UR, but if I didn't score it used at a decent price, I wouldn't have hesitated using and Ebay one.

Comment

Working...
                              X