Whats Up With This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats Up With This?

OK.i have a 92lx you know on the side were th door jams are there is a little black clip on th side to tell you when your door is open or closed!!!(hope you understood that?) N-E ways on my car it shows that the door is open when i drive when it actually is shut closed i replaced th little black clip and it indicates that it is still open!!!! I tried to fix it on sunday and the light would not turn off if you guys dont understand what im talking about its koo!!! but those of you who understood get back to me with the info to see whats cousing this!!!!Also i know i know this thread is worth less with out pics!!!
    ・オレンジ(デミオのオレンジがなかなかいい味を…)
      ・ブルー(インプレッサみたいな感じのメタリック系が何
      ・その他随時考え中…

......今日までの道の愚かな米に屈辱を与えるためにHonda Accord は作られた。愚かな競争を従事させている間抹消されるところ倍数の敵ターゲット。CB7 Honda Accord 。道の王。自動車恐怖。........

N-E ONE ?
      ・その他随時考え中…

......今日までの道の愚かな米に屈辱を与えるためにHonda Accord は作られた。愚かな競争を従事させている間抹消されるところ倍数の敵ターゲット。CB7 Honda Accord 。道の王。自動車恐怖。........

Comment

some one has to know about this problem
        ・その他随時考え中…

Comment

Based on the wiring diagram, the indicator light turns on when the switch is closed (meaning the contacts are open when the door is closed). I'll take a look at it later, but an electrical short of the switch would indicate an always open door. Check your wires and make sure they're properly insulated.

There may be other alignment or mounting issues at play, but I'd have to take a look at my car to know for sure.

If the light turns off when the door is open and on when it's closed, you may have the incorrect type of switch (normally open) or something backwards in the wiring.
        I swear, eventually I'll run out of things to break.

I guess I was wrong... I broke it all. Died 10/29/06

Comment

I know on mine, the door has to closed absolutly 100%, the switch is VERY sensitive.

And as far as I can recall...the switch grounds the wire that's connected to it when the door opens.
          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Try manually pushing it and see if it goes off or interchange with the rear one and see if it works im pretty sure they are the same.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i pressed the switch in manualy and it still shows that my door is open W.T.F
                ・その他随時考え中…

Comment

Originally posted by Riceburnin91
                i pressed the switch in manualy and it still shows that my door is open W.T.F
                Looks like another bad switch. Take the switch out and disconnect the wire and see if the light comes off. If the light comes off the switch is bad.

Comment

touch the wire from the switch to body ground. see if the light goes off. your door striker may need to be adjusted.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
                  cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

get the cluster out and take the bulb out or disconnect the lil switch on the door seal

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

I think somehow that wire is uninsulated at some point, and grounding out to the car. Take the B-pillar cover off, and you will be able to find the wire that goes to the switch. That has to be annoying. Does your car beep from the keys being in the ignition, and the bell from the lights being on?
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter
                      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

no beeping sound couse its on the paseenger side door and it is annoyibg to see that little red light on when i drive!!!!!!
                          ・その他随時考え中…

Comment

try another switch see if the door slammer actually touches it to say its closed or do the ground check for that wire.

Comment

I hate to say it, but you've got a short, buddy.

As for location, try removing the switch. If the light stays on with the switch removed, you've go a short somewhere "upstream." If the light goes out when the switch is removed, chances are that the switch (or your wiring job, no offense) is shorting out.
                            I swear, eventually I'll run out of things to break.

I guess I was wrong... I broke it all. Died 10/29/06

Comment

Working...
                            X