changing manual tranny fluid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing manual tranny fluid.

i looked but did not find what i needed,i am in the middle of changing my tranny fluid and i found the drain bolt,but i cant figure out wichone is the inspection bolt,i know it has a square recess in it but theres 2 bolts with a square recess ones got a big square the others got a littler one,wich one is it because i need to finish this before i go to work,thanks.

well if you drain the fluid, the 'fill-in' bolt is located on the upper left hand side. i just changed my fluid to gm sycromesh but got no pics. i think there is DIY that was just put up by SteveB..he got pics of it.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

do the drain and fill plug both have square recess?

Comment

i looked at you diy steve i know wear the drain plug is but does the fill plug have a hex head or a square recess? i found it i thought they both had square recesses

Comment

yup found it.thanks,oh ya look at my egr thread and see why it was idleing like that,(you were right)

Comment

i changed my fluid,my tranny fluid plus my engine oil/filter.no leaks so far and the idles fixed,i bought three quarts of honda mtf and i only put 2 full quarts in,is that enough i felt oil when i put my finger in the inspection hole,i just dont want to hafta get under there and add another quart.so is 2 ok.thanks

Comment

the dealer told me it takes 3 quarts so i bought 3,my owners manual and chiltons says it take 2 u.s quarts.so i should be fine i think,man dealers really do fuck ya over heavy,i could of used that $4.50 on gas,lol i hope 2 is enough

Comment

I just fill it until fluid starts dripping out of the fill hole. Usually takes just a little over 2 quarts.
                00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

well i put 2 i hope thats enough!

Comment

MIne filled up to two quarts on that synchromesh and it did the job very well might i add. And youll know if its full if you see some just comin out of the filler part that your fillin it up into.

Comment

Working...
                    X