What's needed for H22a timing belt job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's needed for H22a timing belt job?

The auto tensioner on my H22a is starting to go. The timing belt keeps getting looser every week. What exactly is needed for an H22a timing belt job. Does someone know of a list of parts?

how do you know the timing belt is getting loose? is it exposed somehow? typically i would go by the mileage on the motor. how much do you have? did you replace the auto tensioner when you did the timing belt before?

when doing a timing belt replacement i usually obtain the belt, balancer belt, water pump (since i'm already in there), and oil seals if necessary.
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

And might as well do the h23 manual tensioner swap instead of keeping the auto tesnioner

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I've posted in multiple "timing belt/water pump/ balancer shaft seal" threads in the last month or two. Does anyone search anymore..... The info is everywhere!!
        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

I've searched before and nothing relevant came up. Nutbucket had the timing belt cover removed before he sold the car so I can see the belt when it's running. The belt moving back and forth alot, like a string on a guitar. It's not supposed to be able to move at all if you give it throttle. Plus it makes a light ticking sound which I suspect to be the auto tensioner.

Comment

Working...
          X