This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark plug seals!

OK i have all the bolts losen on the rocker arm assimbly, now should i slide off my timming blet or jus leave it alone and try to get the rocker arm out?
    99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Dont touch the timing!!! Leave all the bolts in the rocker arm and just pop it out. Leaving the bolts in insures that the rocker arm wont come apart on you. put in your seals and make sure you torque everything back down in the correct bolt pattern!! HTh
    No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

What are you taking out or doing for that matter?? If its just the seal you just get you a flat head and pop em out unless they are stuck on the valve cover.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Hes prolly doing the lower tube seals so the rocker needs to come off.
        No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

I already got them out and replaced them. Now all I got to do is just adjust the valves, shit was too easy, at first I thought it was hard. Thanks for the help.

Comment

well...mine still leaked after i replaced them. i shoulda used hondabond with the felpro gaskets
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

^^^FelPro gaskets are trash. Synthetic oil will eat them up with the quickness.

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
              1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Originally posted by Accord13&BA4
                ^^^FelPro gaskets are trash. Synthetic oil will eat them up with the quickness.
                Im using a Felpro gasket (still on since my swap) with Royal purple 10w30 full synthetic and it hasnt done nothing yet If you torque from center out criss cross pattern that helps. I redid mine and it doesnt leak anymore. On my old f22 i just snugged em down then i torqued em criss cross again and no leak.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Ok i did it all but now i have no fire should i have taken off my cat, cuz i have posted a previous thread also but can't find it now!

Comment

You can see that could diagnos if you have a clogged catalytic converter since your basically bypassing it.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Alright, Im getting tierd of fucking around with this car, I got fuel, spark, and I took the damn cat off to see if it would start! No start. Here is what happend when it all went down. Last friday im rolling down the street all of a sudden the car srat to slow down like i was in the wrong gear so i downshifted into 2nd gear, same thang then the car just dies. So i tried to fire it back up no luck there, so I get out and look under the car, the cat was glowing red and was smokeing also. I pushed it to a build where it sat over nite, got it back to my house and pulled the plugs oil was all over them so I replaced the lower spark plug seals and upper with a new valve cover gasket. Still no start so now Im to the point where I just want to say fuck it.

Comment

Lets see you got spark,fuel,and free'd up the cat. Hmm no CEL or anything? When you took out your plugs did you smell a lotta fuel? Plugs could be fouled by the fuel and mess em up. I dunno if you changed your plugs also when you did your wires so that could be a check. How long were you cranking with the cat removed?

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

maybe a broken timing belt..

Comment

Originally posted by eightyfour84
                            maybe a broken timing belt..
                            If he adjusted his valves i highly doubt his timin belt snapped plus he would be in worse shape if it was his belt snapping.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

this is weird, so your engine turns but doesnt start up?
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X