h23 im swap problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23 im swap problem

i just swapped my f22a6 intake manifold for the h23 im and i cracked the aluminum coolant line behind my block just under my intake manifold runners. now my car pours out coolant whenever i poor it in (which is obvious of course) but when i start it up just after doing this before letting it all pour out it idles really high and has idle drops. i know before i did my swap had idle drops (from 800 to 1500) when i started up my car because i didnt have a 50 50 mixture. so my question is is that is my car idling like this only because of the coolant leak or could it be something i did with my swap. i researched a lot before i attempted this so im 99.5% sure i didnt forget anything. thanks for any suggestions, brad

Coolant can and will cause idle problems. Fix that coolant hose problem first. Then we can find any other idle issues if they exist.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

1. could be not enough coolant so you have somewhat of a fluctuating idle. 2. High idle could be caused by unhooked vacuum lines those i would check.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yea thats what i was thinking i would do first but i cant seem to fix this problem working out of my garage because the two bolts attatched to the im studs, the top and bottom bolt closest to the egr, are both stripped to f*ck and i have tried everything to get them off ( different wrenches, dremel, etc.) but i cant get them because they are in hard to reach areas. well anyways i feel that the only way im gonna be able to get this fixed is to take it to a shop with a lift and better tools

Comment

Working...
        X