fan running too long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fan running too long

This started last night my radiator fan stays of for a lot longer then what it used to and it seems to be killing my battery. I had the battery changed today but the fan is still running for way to long. Any good ideas of what is keeping the fan on. Nothing else is wrong with the car.
    92 Accord EX 2dr -- G22 project
    -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

Give an exact time that it stays on. It can stay on up to 15 minutes.

Interesting you bring this up, because I have not heard my fan cut on in a while.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

check the fan timer unit under the dash..this unit controls the fan after you shut the car off. im assuming the car is off when your talking about the fans running too long.

good luck tom d

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
        Give an exact time that it stays on. It can stay on up to 15 minutes.

Interesting you bring this up, because I have not heard my fan cut on in a while.
        id say over half an hour
        -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

Comment

http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/...93fantimer.jpg

Heres what the unit looks like

regards tom d

Comment

how would i check to see if its working right
            -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

Comment

it's not working right if the fan is staying on for 30 minutes. Unless something crazy is happening, I would guess its the timer and replace it.

Comment

i couldn't find how to test it..i imagine you can, but i guess just swap it out with a known good one. and see if it works.

if you find out how to test it then let me know

regards tomd

Comment

I'm having this problem, except a lot worse. One morning I came out and the fan was still running (and the battery was basically dead, had to get boosted). What do you guys think, timer or sensor? I'm not sure if it's just staying on after running or it's comming on afterwards.

There's no issues with heat, it being March and me being in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by handovdoom
                    I'm having this problem, except a lot worse. One morning I came out and the fan was still running (and the battery was basically dead, had to get boosted). What do you guys think, timer or sensor? I'm not sure if it's just staying on after running or it's comming on afterwards.

There's no issues with heat, it being March and me being in Canada.
                    My car used to do this ....new fan timer fixed my problem.
                    My Members Ride Thread

Comment

My fan never comes on when the car turns off? Iv never acctualy seen that module under my dash...

The tard who had the car befor me porbably took it out, do I need one? My car doesnt over heat or anything?

Comment

Working...
                      X