Valve adjustment clearence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve adjustment clearence

Ok yesterday i adjusted my valves (intake, exhaust) according to alldata and now it seems worse. Does anybody know the corrects clearence specs in metric?
    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
    My members ride page
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Re: Valve adjustment clearence

Originally posted by dj justice
    Ok yesterday i adjusted my valves (intake, exhaust) according to alldata and now it seems worse. Does anybody know the corrects clearence specs in metric?
    intake .26, exhaust .30
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

when u pull out the feeler guage, it should have slight resistance, not hella tight or loose..

i needa do this, any tips?

hehe
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Best way to get a feel for it is to have someone else do it first (obviously someone who knows what they're doing) and have them show you how hard it should be to pull the feeler guage out.

Comment

Ok when i went to adjust mine they were hella tight. Like .17 intake .19 exhaust. I adjusted it a little looser but still not quite stock specs. Now my engine is louder and sometimes it sputters at idle. WTF??
          R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
          My members ride page
          Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

old post but i got to bump this up because i am having this problem too. I adjusted them since i had a leaking valve cover gasket so i did it while i was there and then i went according to haynes specs. apparently the valve ticking it louder now! does anyone else have this problem and knows the cure? a friend told me it was the injectors cuz it was a lil dirty so it struggles by making the sound. but then again it wasnt this loud before i made the adjustments.

Comment

.009-.011 In. (.23-.28 mm) on the intake side,.011-.013 In. (.28-.32 mm) on the exhaust side accord and prelude 2.2L
              2.3L /.003-.004 In (.07-.11 mm) on the intake side,.006-.007 In (.15-.19 mm) on the exhaust side.........this is according to Mitchell service manual

but according to honda techs if they aint raisen hell leavem alone you could be askn for trouble but im not telling noone what to do just giving my 2 cents
              to some that might be all its wourth.....lol
              F22A1:blew up
              F22A1/H22:blew up
              F22A6/H22: " "
              F22A4/H22: " "
              H23A1 boosted:blew up
              H23A1:traded
              H23A1/H22 built:still in progress (getting my feet wet)

drive it like you stole it
              FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB)

Comment

do you need to raise both wheels of the ground?

i was thinking about this, but if it aint broke dont worry is what im thinking

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by shadetreecustom
                  .009-.011 In. (.23-.28 mm) on the intake side,.011-.013 In. (.28-.32 mm) on the exhaust side accord and prelude 2.2L
                  2.3L /.003-.004 In (.07-.11 mm) on the intake side,.006-.007 In (.15-.19 mm) on the exhaust side.........this is according to Mitchell service manual

but according to honda techs if they aint raisen hell leavem alone you could be askn for trouble but im not telling noone what to do just giving my 2 cents
                  to some that might be all its wourth.....lol
                  yeah that is what they say. i have heard this many times from guys working at honda dealers and from regular mechanics.
                  its the same as the tranny oil. if its still red after 100k don't even touch it.
                  lol
                  are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by SenseiAccord
                    old post but i got to bump this up because i am having this problem too. I adjusted them since i had a leaking valve cover gasket so i did it while i was there and then i went according to haynes specs. apparently the valve ticking it louder now! does anyone else have this problem and knows the cure? a friend told me it was the injectors cuz it was a lil dirty so it struggles by making the sound. but then again it wasnt this loud before i made the adjustments.
                    never mind... fixed it. no more tapping. apparently everytime i tightened it the gap got a little bigger. of course i was stupid enough to not check clearance after tightening. well it was a first time for me. gotta learn from my mistakes. clearance was suppose to be .012" and when i went back to fix it, it was more like .017"! so i learned... double check after ur work!

Comment

hey sensei haha hows it.

i have got to do the valve cover gasket thing too, the tube seals, do u know where they sell cheap good torque wrenches. i went look but nothign really caught my eye.

thanks.
                      hahahahah

Comment

cheap good torque wrenches huh? best bet for cheap is ebay but not garaunteed to be good LOL. otherwise i would go with craftsman from sears. think its like 70-80 bucks over there. they are good and pretty cheap. otherwise i would go with snap on torque wrenches. they are expensive but of course... snap on tops them all.

Comment

Working...
                        X