Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acceleration problems!!

Hey everyone.

Ok well first i have an 93 Accord . and its automatic..

At times when i press the gas it will be fine but then out of no were it would like drop a speed or something. and if i try to accelerate really fast it would like kind of not give it ,it all and then finally go. its not accelerating right at all. when i first got the car like a yr ago it was doing it a little. but its doing it alot more. even when i put the car on Reverse and press the gas sometimes i will drag then go really fast. like something just isnt right. anyone know what it could be?

Thanks alot.

maybe the tranny?

Comment

lol @ the sig

to the OP

mine used to do this as well, after a full tune up + valve adjustment it stopped doing it. i have a 5 speed tho, so it could be your tranny i guess

Comment

umm ok . anyone at all? i mean i know there gots to be other things that would cause this. bad fuel filter.... something.. anyone. just dont say tranny. i mean i could of said that my self. thats the last thing i want to hear lol.

Comment

clean your egr ports lately?

Comment

Im taking your car is hesitating? Well it could be your tranny. When your car is in D and engaged in first does it drag??? Since sounds like your reverse lags a lil before it catches. Could be the clutches in your tranny going out. When was the last time you changed ATF in your tranny? Fuel Filter could also cause a slight hesitation. If you havent done a basic tune up it would be nice to do that also.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I think a full tune up may really help your situation. Have you done one recently? Do you have any CEL's?
              Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
              The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

maybe your throttle cable needs adjustment?
                any cel's..maybe speed sensor?
                also maybe intake manifold air leak?

also a tune-up might help as others suggested.

just some ideas

good luck..tom d

Comment

it should be ur kickdown cable thats doin that. its the cable that goes off ur throttle cable and down to the tranny see if its broke

Comment

i havent done a tune up when it comes to tranny or nothing. am plaining on changin the fuel filter on money and anything else for tranny or anything that could help that problem on monday morning.

and what are cel's? and ATF?

it doesnt drag all the time on first. it will do it once in a while. i also noticed that it does it when am doing up or down hill. or at time when it hit a bump. (Sometimes)

Comment

CEL=check engine light
                      ATF=automatic transmission fluid

umm how bad is the hesitation? bad O2 sensor? but if that went out ud get a code (CEL on).

fouled spark plugs? dirty fuel filter? dirty air filter? i would recommend doing a tune-up! change ur tranny fluid too! and ONLY put Honda ATF in! it will do wonders if u havent changed fluid for a while....

anyways sounds like she just needs a lil tune-up luvin....

good luck!
                      Sean
                      F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                      Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

well i put new bocsh spark plugs and new wires in about two weeks ago. along with new vaule cover gaskets also.i just bought a new fuel filter and will put that in tommrow.and i guess ill have them change the tranny fluid also. i have a AEM intake and had that in for about a yr so the filter isnt old at all. but ill let you know what happens after i change the filter.

Comment

Oooo take out those boschs and change em back to the OEM NGK see if that helps.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I took it to the Auto shop and they Replaced the Fuel Filter and Adjested the Timing ( but i dont know what they could of Adjusted) not the Timing Belt or anything. but what could they have adjusted to stop the Tranny from doing that?

Well the Problem is gone now. they said it was a little off timing.

reason why am asking is cuz when the car is on still it shakes alot and they said my Distributer is off timing a little. i wouldnt think its the same thing tho.

Comment

Might need to change the plugs and wires. How bad is it shaking? It could be your motor mounts takin a shit too.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X