No announcement yet.

how to install a ECU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO I'd make sure to reset ECU (regardless of what ECU type it is) just so it recognizes a new setup & builds from there. Remove "radio back-up" fuse for at least 30 seconds. It's in the fuse box in engine bay.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I was thinking would replace the TCU( auto tranny only) win an 93 EX one make any diffrerent?? Better shift point and shift at higher rpm??

People with 90-91 sport button on the shifter, does the feature still work on the 93 EX ECU?? my seem to stop functioning after the new ECU was install- I think since the 92-93 Car don't have the sport button then the ECU/TCU will not have the circuit to control it. Can any else verify this??

ps, Anyone have idle issue with the EX ECU when it cold out?? my would rev up to about 1500rpm and then the rpm will drop and the engine will stall out. did not have this problem with my LX ECU. I have reset the ECU, increase idle speed, but still did not help. It run fine once I step on the gas a few time. I don't think the IAC or FSV is the problem since it work the LX ECU.
      90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
      < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

ill check the sports mode in abit, good question.

i havnet had a idle problem but my car was always an ex. when i start this guy gets up to 2k then drops down but thats about it.

i had issues at first where it didnt like to idle properly so i had to re-adjust it. but now i think its fine. but since i know its working, im going to do a reset.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
          hehe hell no im not about to test my speed limiter. it takes me long enough to get to 110...haha and my car isnt that stable at that spedd
          aw come on. When I had my 90 EX coupe(same color as yours) I got it up to 120 or so and it felt fine. This newer Lexus wanted some so I gave him a little cb7 ass whoopin.

Actually he blew by me like I was standing still at 120mph.
          "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Working...
          X