how to install a ECU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to install a ECU?

how would i install one? i know how to take it out..but what about electricity etc

should i disconect the battery and wait or discconect it and start taking it apart?

im not dumb, i know to take out the battery but there is sometimes still some power in the system.

thanks for your help.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

You have to unplug the both sides of the batter just to be sure. And then you need a ratchet wrench they are 10mm bolts you need those to take off the protective pan that holds the ecu in place. Then its not that hard to take the connectors out of the ecu you have to unplug them.

I used a flathead scredriver to hold pry it from the ecu when i hold the release button clip down cause to do both at the same time is gonna be hard.

Comment

damn its a bitch!!! i got the tcu connectors out but the ecu ones i cant even grip, its ***!!
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Your only supposed to take the ones out its just the connectors bro the gray connectors.

Comment

but to take out the ecu u have to take out the WHOLE plate....and then the other side will make the ecu come out...cause i did this at the junk yard...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Just wiggle em. I took mine out awhile ago and it is a bitch, but just keep wigglin'

Comment

well i jsut got done! damn.

what i did was take out the tcu, and the connectors and take it out individually... so now i have the ecu and the plate.

then i turned and twisted to get to the screws holding down the ecu....got those out and then exposed the clips...got em and put the new one in.

but gosh it was hard too..but i got it...

i drove, and this 93 se ecu lets me take it to 6k rpm instead of like 5700 rpm like my old one...;plus it feels faster..
              ]
              ]thanks for the helps

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Sweetness

Comment

6k? Isn't the redline 6250? I recall hitting a fuel cutoff somewhere past that; maybe 6500? Then again, I have/had a 5-speed.

Comment

hehe redline is around there.

but i have an autotragic, well automatic =).

before it would take forever to get there, now it just goes hella fast...sweetness!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

have you tested the speed limiter feature It should be around 130mph or no limited on some ECU. tested at a dyno or at a track, anywhere else is at your own risk.
                      90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                      < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

gotta love honda

Comment

hehe hell no im not about to test my speed limiter. it takes me long enough to get to 110...haha and my car isnt that stable at that spedd

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                            hehe hell no im not about to test my speed limiter. it takes me long enough to get to 110...haha and my car isnt that stable at that spedd
                            Huh. I guess I never tried it on a stock suspension. I've done 115 on mine. Not too smart down the Sepulveda Pass

Comment

Cb7deathride said wiggle HAHA
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                              X