Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dual runners, an inside look

this is the butterflies that are controled by a diaphram

dual runners came on 91 se and 92-93 ex/se. it was the f22a6 motor that had it and put down 140 hp vs 130 for the f22a4, and 125 for the f22a1...half was exaust piping though.

fully open, controled by that diaphram on the right

standard, the 4 rectangular holes without the butterflies are on f22a4, f22a1. hella small huh!!

butterflies closed...probably under 4700 rpm (when it opends)

this is the lower intake manifold for it...the f22a4, a1 would only have 4 chambers vs 8

upper intake plentum....where the throttle body connects

inside the engine, thats the diaphram under the red arrow

tada!
    Last edited by accordztech; 03-09-2004, 10:39 PM.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

hmmm, interesting
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

thank you thank you thank you for freaking posting that! lol its so hard to try to explain what the dual runner mani is. The feeling you get when u look at the a6 mani compared to the a1 is...damn my shit is dinky, look at all this power i'm missing!!! I didn't have a digi cam when i did my swap or else i would have documented it. Could u take a pic of the vaccum box please cause there is some confusion there also. I hope you enjoy ur mani since i've talked about it soooo much and i hope it fulfills your expectations also man
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

oh and when u take your first test drive you'll swear u have vtec lmao
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

you did the swap? dude im going to haunt u....i needa chat with you
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

interesting thread,cool though i learned something.

Comment

bery bery nice

props for the pics..

posted this on tac....
              welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

so you got it at a junkyard? that where the pics from?
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

is he at a junkyard taking pics?lol

Comment

yes i was...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=4756

check that out....any questions and stuff ask there...im thinking about locking this thread...just for the sake of people hella clicking around, they can find the info on one page.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Damn I never knew my a6 had dual runners....sweet now I know where that surge of power comes from when I hit the gas.

I have an LX with an EX swapped motor but now I need details on how to hook the cruise back up

130 mph to the max! new ecu without the governor
                      Last edited by HenRoc; 04-15-2004, 02:52 PM.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

How hard is it to do a swap like this, like if you have all the parts you need, how long would it take to take apart your engine to install this? If I went to a junkyard, are there any other parts I'd need besides this and the ECU?

Comment

it took me about 40 minutes to take off the manifold. there are a few things u needa do for certain bolts like get in certain angles.

but on my car the longest part was taking off the old gasket.

just give it time. rating from 1-10 at 10 being hrad. i say its a 5.

just have some good tools, extentions too.

vacumn control box u need as well

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Alright, sounds like a weekend project to me. Did you have a doner car or did you just pick up all your parts at a junkyard?

Comment

got all the parts from the yard.

i had to get my car running the next day so got it done that night.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                              X