injectors & ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just trying to give a helping haynes..lol

those colors could be right, but im seeing a yellow/blue wire to underhood fusebox fuse 28. and then a black/ yellow wire to dashbox fuse 2.
    the above was for ecu side of pgm-fi mian relay..i dunno

the yellow/green wire i think you mentioning is the ignition input signal from ignitor to ecu pins a21&a22..if im reading it right.

then there is a yellow-black wire that connects the fuel injector resistor, iac valve, main relay, and part of oxygen sensor. that goes to ecu pin a25& b1.. again if im reading it right.

do you think its worth checking all you fuses, especially fuse 2 in dash, and fuse 28 under the hood?

where would i test for voltage to see if the ECU is working correctly... i have 2 none of them wanna light up the dash.. i have no 02 sensor so it shoulda lit up already shouldnt it have?
    another question..when you say you have no oxygen sensor..do you mean it not there as plugged in( bare plug) or none all together? if there is none then maybe it getting shorted out by the yellow-black wire since it ties in with the main relay which houses the electronic control unit power supply?

also williamsvt (gotta give credit where its due..) said maybe its a bad tcu.it does have an igntion input black/yellow wires, pins a23&a24 in tcu to dash fuse box fuse 2. chapter 12 page 21 in haynes

im just offering ideas and trying to help..i got all this out of chapter 12 page 8.

good luck tom d :
    Last edited by xfactortype1; 03-31-2006, 12:18 PM.

Comment

TCU is or auto cars no?

im guessing no one has really had this problem to really give me one answer
      (theres lotsa things that can be doing this)

thanks for the help anyway and ill be back after i try to trace every ECU wire and rewire it accordingly

Comment

yes..im assuming you have an auto..sorry

but what about the oxygen sensor question i posted? there or not?

another suggestion you mentioned if your fuel pressure regulator works..check that out

good luck tom d
        Last edited by xfactortype1; 03-31-2006, 12:56 PM.

Comment

O2 is not plugged in but ive tried with one plugged in... the car should run without one plugged in and just throw a O2 CEL... can someone check if they have voltage at the green / white wire on the ECU that goes to the dash fuse box... ?? thats the only thing i can think of.... fukkk i am losstt here...

Comment

since your not getting a battery light, i would troubleshoot it 1st

my thinking is that your injectors wont fire cuz the ecu controls them right?
            so if the ecu needs an ignition impulse as guru says to operate the injectors than the charging system may be faulty cuz it wont supply the power to the igntion as it should.

1)- disconnect the negative battery cable from the negative terminal.
            connect a test light between the two to see if the is a drain in your system
            if test light come on..you got a drain..book says to pull fuses until light goes out to tell you where the short is (specific circuit)

2)- unplug alternator plug at alternator and ground white/blue wire..the light should go on. if not theres a short of either the black yellow or white/blue wire between warning light and dash fuse box. also between dash fuse box and ignition switch.

2A)- when your done grounding the white/blue wire, and if the light stays on the haynes manual says to remove the integrated control unit from dash fuse box. next turn ignition on( engine not running) the light should go off and replace with a new part. if it stays on then theres a short in white/ blue wire between warning light and fuse box or voltage regulator.

i think it may be your ignition switch is faulty..but hope it helps..info can be had in haynes manual in chpter 5 page 7

hope it helps tom d

Comment

thx ill check it out

Comment

heres a link about check engine light..

http://www.samarins.com/diagnose/index.html

above has info on if no cel comes on

good luck tomd
                Last edited by xfactortype1; 04-01-2006, 10:41 AM.

Comment

charging indicator light info..as taken from automotive technology 3rd edition jack erjavec.

from chapter 18 page 450

however, when the ignition switch is first activated, the light also comes on. This is due to the fact that the AC genertator is not providing power to the battery and other electrical circuits. Thus, the only current path is through the ignition switch, indicator light, voltage regulator, part of ac generator, and ground, then back to through the battery.
                  i hope it may help ya figure out your charging light.

good luck tomd

Comment

thx all that info really helps... i found out i have a drain sumwhere via the info u listed (helmes chapt 5 page 7 ) i am trying to find it now.. hopefully that will solve all the problems.. ill let ya kno if she fires up

Comment

ok still nothing... got rid of the grounded wire... im gonna take the ECU to honda and get it tested.. if its fried ima need to buy a new one i guess.

Comment

well im sorry to hear your problem isnt solved..i guess your real problem is that you have a gremlin in your car.. its just odd to me that your car would crank and have spark if your ecu was bad..i dunno also would ya think that you get at least a charing light with just no check engine light if your ecu was bad. i hope you can figure it out soon enough, so you can drive your car.

let us know for future reference.

good luck tom d.

BTW i hope its not you ecu..unless is from a junkyard..those shyts are expensive from dealer. i have a f22a6 computer laying around if your interested.

Comment

how much for the ecu... pt6 right? manual tranny? i wanna get dual runners anyway i got the upper plenum and TB from an A6 so all i need is the mani... junkyard wants 115... ide rather go in and juss stuff it in my jacket haha.. buy a signal light or something n get free ecu

Comment

mine was an automatic. i also have the tcu for it..lemme know

did your ecu test bad?
                            Last edited by xfactortype1; 04-02-2006, 09:10 PM.

Comment

any updates..hope you got it going

let us know what it was.

regards tom

Comment

guy at honda said... he would need the car to test the ecu... anyone know if this is true? cuz i doubt u would need the car when it DOESNT work in the car... but hey... maybe they do need the car..

Comment

Working...
                                X