injectors & ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

injectors & ECU

i am having trouble gettin fuel into the cylinders.. ive got fuel to the rail , pressure in the rail, ive got spark and air. im pointin at tha injectors but have sum questions first that i couldnt find any answer to by searchin.
    first of all my check engine light doesnt light up with the ignition on (engine off ignition in on position) and my injectors dont seem to be working. So do the injectors work off the ECU? and does anyone have a wiring diagram for the injectors.. i just rewired the whole front end of the car so i might have missed something.

thanks

yes...the ecu does control the injectors.Obvisliosly they are not opening.Did you rewire the engine harness.You just gotta make sure that the injectors are connected to the ecu.

ILBB
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

Comment

yeah im trying to check that out but where do the wires run through.. the connectors near the injector resistors? or the passenger side? im missing some pages in my manual.

AND if my check engine light doesnt come on with the key on then i have something else wrong like ECU wiring correct?

Comment

I'd be checking the Dizzy Wiring. The ECU requires an Ignition Pulse to Operate the Injectors. Check the Main EFI Relay and the Grounds @ the Lower Thermostat Housing Bolt.

Comment

ignition pulse is yellow/green correct? if it is its hooked up... i have spark juss need gas thru the injectors

i found the page in my manual with the diagram so ill tracem all down
          thanks

Comment

ok the injectors are getting voltage & resistance. i replaced them with known working ones just for the fuk of it as well but still no firing. there is fuel in the rail but that doesnt mean that it has enough pressure right? ill try to get a pressure tester cuz this is pissin me off.. stupid little problem keepin me from drivin my new CB7

where would i test for voltage to see if the ECU is working correctly... i have 2 none of them wanna light up the dash.. i have no 02 sensor so it shoulda lit up already shouldnt it have?

Comment

check the ECU fuse and the ECU ground. All your grounds. Then check for +12V ignition at the ecu wiring harness. If theres no check engine light when you try to crank it over then your computer isn't on! Try and check your ECU for codes. even if there arent any CELs you'll still get light when you power up ignition... assuming your computers on!

hold on to your butts

Comment

so did you check the pos. side?it has to be a grounding problem then.

ILBB
                People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                The world needs to be reset.

Comment

there is NO light when i turn ignition to on pos... i need to know why my ECU isnt going on... theres power at both ECU fuses and they are both good fuses... im lost

Comment

So do the injectors work off the ECU? and does anyone have a wiring diagram for the injectors.. i just rewired the whole front end of the car so i might have missed something.
                    according to haynes for the ecu
                    pin a1- is a brown wire to injector 1
                    pin a2- is a yellow wire to injector 4
                    pin a3- is a red wire to injector 2
                    pin a5- is a blue wire to injector 3

i think grounds are supplied through pins a23 & a24
                    a23 according to haynes is a black wires that runs to pgm-fi relay
                    a24 according to haynes is a black wire that goes to ground i (right rear of engine)

are there any other blown fuses? the fuses your are refering to as being good fuse #2 in dash fuse box and ecu 7.5amp back-up?

i hope the above info above helps..our hondas can sure be a pain in the ass..

hopefully we can help you figure this out

good luck tomd

Comment

Originally posted by xfactortype1
                      according to haynes for the ecu
                      pin a1- is a brown wire to injector 1
                      pin a2- is a yellow wire to injector 4
                      pin a3- is a red wire to injector 2
                      pin a5- is a blue wire to injector 3

i think grounds are supplied through pins a23 & a24
                      a23 according to haynes is a black wires that runs to pgm-fi relay
                      a24 according to haynes is a black wire that goes to ground i (right rear of engine)

are there any other blown fuses? the fuses your are refering to as being good fuse #2 in dash fuse box and ecu 7.5amp back-up?

i hope the above info above helps..our hondas can sure be a pain in the ass..

hopefully we can help you figure this out

good luck tomd
                      o shit im having the same problem and i think this quote may have just saved the day because i got cel code 16 which is fuel and the only wire not connected is a brown one that i can't find the other end too and according to that quote the brown is injector one so tomorrow the search starts

sorry to thread jack but my problem is fixed by that quote so if you have the same problem you could try that
                      Last edited by jdmkid; 03-30-2006, 06:09 PM.
                      www.2camcrew.com

Comment

jdmkid..i hope it works for you. code 16 is for fuel injector circuit.im not an ase mechanic so dont hang me if it doesnt work.

to 613lx..in another thread you asked what is the ecu power from. Guru said to check the efi main relay..
                        Check the Main EFI Relay and the Grounds @ the Lower Thermostat Housing Bolt.
                        i found in the good ol' haynes in chapter 4 page 9 the paragraph just above section 12. ill type it so i hope it helps

"The main relay, which is installed adjacent to the fuse box, is a direct coupler type which contains the relays for the electronic control unit power supply and the fuel pump power supply."

the above was quoted from haynes manual..sop i hope it helps you with your question.

good luck tom d
                        Last edited by xfactortype1; 03-30-2006, 04:30 AM.

Comment

hmm maybe the ecu relay in the main relay is burnt... ?? ill try to jump the wires with a fuse or something maybe that will get me a check engine light.

Comment

ill try resoldering the main relay and trace the ECU wire from the relay to the ECU and maybe run a new one incase its cut / grounded somewhere.

thx

Comment

yellow / white and green/ white wires should have voltage at the ECU right? theres 4 and i only got voltage on 3... could this be the prob? someone here has got to know about ECU wiring come on help me out im goin insane here.

Comment

Working...
                              X