AHHHH...battery keeps dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AHHHH...battery keeps dying

OK, I'm gonna keep it funky...I did a coolant flush and hose change, and for whatever reason a significant portion of my negative battery cable is exposed down by the...starter?...so when I disconnected the lower hose coolant went everywhere, I'm guessing completely corroding the wire. Hopefully that's the only problem...

But the thing that gets me is that I just replaced that cable not even a year ago, because it was rotten from what I'm guessing is the same problem. And I distinctly remember the new wire being sealed the whole way through. So my question is could coolant 1. strip the rubber off the wire, and 2. corrode the wire to the point that it couldn't start?

HOLY SHIT...I just remembered I have the jumper cable...I'm gonna try and "jump" the negative battery cable to the alternator ground...

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

.No, but Battery Acid Will.
    ..No, unless it's corroded right through, but very unlikely in the time period.
    ...Check the Battery Connections are Clean & Secure.
    ....Load Test The Battery for Dead Cells, Holding Charge.
    .....Test The Alternator Charge Rate is charging the Battery.

Comment

I got a new battery...the problem was in the terminals though. The positive terminal, while being only a few months old, was rotten and crackly. I got a new one, and in combination with the new battery as well as ANOTHER new negative terminal/starter wire am having no problems. Fuck...$100 could have been $20...but I needed a new battery anyway so "eh"...

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
      X