NO spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO spark

I tried to fire up the car today to let it run for a bit and no go..(it's parked for winter)..it cranks over but doesn't catch. I had it running about 6 weeks back and started no problem. I took the fuel line off and checked flow and it has lots. Removed the plugs cranked it over and there is no spark to the plugs......

WTF???

Any ideas?? seen this before??
    93 Accord H22A JDM 200HP

you can check it at night with a screw driver in the sparkplug hole your should see a small blue flash. if that doesnt work its your distributor. either coil or ignitor

Comment

Does it make a click sound? Might be your battery since you said its been parked for six weeks. Or it could be what sparkle said.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

parking your car for extended periods can drain down your battery if you dont run it. check your battery. cheers tom

Comment

This is right up my alley !!!

Yo speed I had the same prob if you need help with ignition I'm your man.

Easiest way to check the ignitor, hook up a test lite to the + battery post and touch the lead to the - post on the coil. Crank engine if it blinks while cranking your ignitor is good. While your there take a piece of wire ground it to the block and hold the other end 1/4-1/2" away from the secondary coil post and crank if it sparks your coil is good.

See my post ignition issue for a more detailed procedure for testing.

Good Luck
          Jeff Gray

Comment

I had the same problem. Honda replaced the distrb and everything was ok.

It happened to me becuase I forgot left a spark plug wire unplugged= spark...zap...nothing......

good luck
            -Henry

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

x2 on the distributor
              1993 Honda Accord - Dedicated cb7tuner

Comment

ok ok..update...i replaced the coil with one a friend lent me...still would not start(lets be clear..it cranks over no prob..just wont start) so i replaced the ignitor and still wont start..and yes the test light flashes when cranking to test the ignitor..so I know that is good!!

help!! i'm about to lose it.........

one question...if you crank the car over with distributor cap off..will you mess things up or will it keep it's timing????
                93 Accord H22A JDM 200HP

Comment

did u change the whole distributor unit??

Comment

no just the ignitor and coil
                    93 Accord H22A JDM 200HP

Comment

could be the whole distributor, i fried mine a while back and hadda get a new one, i practically welded the rotor sleeve onto the shaft but ya i think it is most likely the distributor itself, at least it was for mine

p.s. try taking off the cap and blowing it out with air, maybe its wet in there

-sean
                      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

nope its completely dry!!
                        93 Accord H22A JDM 200HP

Comment

Hey speed

I feel your pain.
                          Let's start at the begining. First check the fuses under the dash on the drivers side.
                          Next check the fuses and fusible links under the hood.

I'm assuming the new coil was a good one. Do you still have no spark coming from the secondary coil post or plug wire to ground ? Double check if your getting spark from the seconday (little spring sticking up) post. By trying the wire trick I mentioned earlier. My coil had marginal resistance on the secondary side and still didn't work.
                          I'm assuming also that your battery is fully charged since it will turn over no problem.

And no your not hurting the timing buy cranking the engine over with the cap off.

I just noticed your car is a hybrid and am not sure what to tell you next. But use the checklist I gave you as a starting point since it still applies.

What changed in the six weeks since you let the car sit and now ? Did you charge the battery on trickle or high amp boost the first time ?

The next thing I would check is continuity from the ignitor to the ECU fuse.

I have a more detailed test for the ignitor and the coil for a 92-95 Prelude in my Chilton's if the problem still persists.

Double check the coil and fuses.

I wouldn't throw a distributor at it just yet since that requires you messing with timing it once you get them swapped. Unless your buddy has a spare and knows the timing specs for your motor. By all means.

Keep us informed and we'll help the best we can !!!

Good Luck.
                          Jeff Gray

Comment

not starting

wut up Im having the same problem. Im not getting no spark at all, but what I did was stupid. My car ran fine before I did this. I let my buddy borrow my plug wires for like a week and let my car sit when I got back into town I forgot that I had took my plug wires out and tried starting my car. After that I realized I did not have my plug wires so I got them back and put them back in. I tried starting it and it would not start but it would crank fine. Need to fix ASAP! Well when I took my dizzy cap off I noticed in the inside of it were the metal points are there are hairline cracks going in a circle and across to each on in the cap. Is that a problem? would that cause any problems? I have a jdm 92 h22a internal coil.

Comment

The WHOLE distributor unit is fired u guys, gone. Thus CHANGE it.

Comment

Working...
                              X