Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

car jerking(stumbling?) during acceleration..HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car jerking(stumbling?) during acceleration..HELP!!!!

ok recently i've got a code 1 so i changed my 02 sensor and that code is gone now.

now yesterday when i was driving the car while it was at operating temperature the car started and the only way i can describe it is jerking...it definately doesn't feel like its too good for the tranny. it only happens above 2 grand rpm so if i shift real quickly i'm able to still limp around.

at first i thought it was a fuel problem and most likely my fuel filter..i added a bottle of stp fuel system cleaner to this gas tank too.

..but then today while i started the car in the morning it threw me an engine code. code 41. code 41 is for the o2 heater bs.

so can this code 41 be causing this jerking of the car? the o2 sensor i used to replace was a bosch direct plug and it's been working fine for the last week or so up until now and i get this code 41 and car jerkage.

please give your thoughts!!!

i would also like to add that the CEL doesn't come up when the actual jerking happens but only came up once and that was when i started it this morning but after restart it never came again......yet. i'm starting to think perhaps the CEL and problem at hand are unrelated.

Comment

it may be related to the O2 sensor, if it is malfunctioning it may cause a fuel delivery problem b/c the ecu is trying to compensate for the O2 reading. But your ignition timing could be off or your dist. could be wearing out.
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by eightyfour84
        ..but then today while i started the car in the morning it threw me an engine code. code 41. code 41 is for the o2 heater bs.

so can this code 41 be causing this jerking of the car? the o2 sensor i used to replace was a bosch direct plug and it's been working fine for the last week or so up until now and i get this code 41 and car jerkage.

please give your thoughts!!!

Read this thread by SteveB it may explain the Problem with the Bosch O2 Sensor.
        Bosch O2 Sensor Problem

Comment

Originally posted by F22-GURU
          Read this thread by SteveB it may explain the Problem with the Bosch O2 Sensor.
          Bosch O2 Sensor Problem
          cool but you're the f22 guru what you think is causing the stumbling/jerking???

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord
            it may be related to the O2 sensor, if it is malfunctioning it may cause a fuel delivery problem b/c the ecu is trying to compensate for the O2 reading. But your ignition timing could be off or your dist. could be wearing out.
            dist. cap or rotor? or both? wouldnt that cause problems throughout the whole rpm range? i think its fuel filter clogged because it only happens when the engine requires more fuel when i have the accelerator down...

Comment

Id check the distributor unless they messed up installing the o2.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                Id check the distributor unless they messed up installing the o2.
                i put the o2 sensor in myself.. pretty sure i did a good job.

Comment

i would like to say "search" but the topic has been covered only a few times. lol so here it goes.
                  it might be ur EGR PORTS.
                  how do u check.
                  well disconect the egr/ or the vacume line on the egr i don't remember well which then drive the car. two things will happen. u will get a check engine light and the car will drive fine without problem. if that happens then its ur egr ports if not then its something else.
                  if its the egr ports and u wanna fix that then check the diy on egr port cleaning in here.
                  good luck
                  are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                    i would like to say "search" but the topic has been covered only a few times. lol so here it goes.
                    it might be ur EGR PORTS.
                    how do u check.
                    well disconect the egr/ or the vacume line on the egr i don't remember well which then drive the car. two things will happen. u will get a check engine light and the car will drive fine without problem. if that happens then its ur egr ports if not then its something else.
                    if its the egr ports and u wanna fix that then check the diy on egr port cleaning in here.
                    good luck
                    yeah egr crossed my mind but just recently i failed a nox test and the shop apparently cleaned the egr ports and the whole intake manifold was removed and cleaned of carbon...apparently because you never know with these sneaky mechanics. but it did pass NOX test recently(last 2 months) so i dont think its the egr. i'm probably gonna end up giving it a full tuneup from head to bottom and see what happens. but perhaps i'll still check by removing that hose to see how good of a job the shop really did.

Comment

well do that test that i told u. u never know.
                      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
                      X