X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need Help!!! // Find Me Grounds

Right

The car: 92 ex, JDM H22A, M2B4, P13, hacked wireharness

Here's the problem. My car won't start properly. The fuel pump doesn't prime when you start the car. The fuel pump is a new Walboro 195lph unit. The main relay is a year old and works. I tested the old relay that was in my car, and it was working as well, so that wasn't the problem. So all that leaves is grounds.

Prior to starting there is no current going to the fuel pump, but after the car fires, the fuel pump receives the signal like it should. It only fires after I crank it for 15-20 seconds. After that it runs normally, other than some light surging idle.

So my question is, what grounds should I look for to fix this?
    Where are they located?
    What else could be the root of this problem?
    Should I take a sledgehammer to my car, cause I haven't been able to figure this out for over a year, or am I just retarded and not trying hard enough?
    And is there anyone local to CT that wants to come up and try to fix this?

Thanks guys.
    members/ride | the/website
    180 hp/145 ft-lb

your whole car is a "ground"...

Comment

Originally posted by turboaccordlx
      your whole car is a "ground"...
      this helps him tremendously

91whitecb7 made a thread on this before

edit
      http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=40240
      Last edited by 93accordexcoupe; 03-15-2006, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Doesn't the main relay get the fuel pump going?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

I realize my entire is a ground, it's made of that substance called "steel".

Travis, thanks for the link, might be it, haven't finished reading it.

Yes, the main relay does start the fuel pump. Something is preventing it from doing this. I don't know what, and that is what I need to figure out.

FTW!!!
          180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Originally posted by 92acclude
            I realize my entire is a ground, it's made of that substance called "steel".

Travis, thanks for the link, might be it, haven't finished reading it.

Yes, the main relay does start the fuel pump. Something is preventing it from doing this. I don't know what, and that is what I need to figure out.

FTW!!!
            just because its steel dose not mean its a ground tool

Comment

Yea I know, lets drop it.
              180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

okay.. trying to figure out what your doing here. . . why do you need to use the factory ground to get this to work?

Comment

I'm moreso trying to figure out what could be causing the problem. Once I eliminate those possibilities then I can go from there. But its not like I can do that being stuck at work. I just haven't been able to figure out what grounds could be missing.

Though the link that travis posted up has tons of stuff that I need to check. Woot.
                  180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

hope that helps

fuel pump should turn on for 2 seconds with KOEO. If not, then you may have a problem with your PCM, if you say your main relay is Ok.
                    The CB7 Timeline

Comment

Originally posted by 92acclude
                      So my question is, what grounds should I look for to fix this?
                      Where are they located?
                      What else could be the root of this problem?
                      Should I take a sledgehammer to my car, cause I haven't been able to figure this out for over a year, or am I just retarded and not trying hard enough?
                      And is there anyone local to CT that wants to come up and try to fix this?

Thanks guys.
                      I'd go with Question 5.

Comment

What me being retarded?

Yeeeeeaaaa, that's a default.

And I love diagrams, thanks. What's the PCM? (holy noob question)
                        Last edited by 92acclude; 03-15-2006, 01:00 PM.
                        180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Since your main relay tested fine and fuel pump is supposedly fine, you also said your fuel pump receives no power. Based off this, I'd say your problem lies before the fuel pump and before the main relay.

You also said it takes a 15-20 sec to get the car to fire, then it runs afterwards. The inidication it runs afterwards, leads me to say that the "run" portion of it is fine for most part. I think your problem is in the "start" system of your car. I'd look into things like the ignition switch and clutch switch. Look on that end of the system and see what you find and report back.
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

One more thing I should mention, when I turn the key to start I, the check engine light comes on and stays on. Also when I start the car for the first time each day, I can crank it to the point when the relay flips and turns the pump on. I can hear this and stop cranking while the pump primes, and then it starts up fine.
                            180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

dude, your guessing in the air.

take out that area and test to see if its getting voltage, and see if its getting good resistance to ground.

if there is no voltage check voltage at the main relay, if there is voltage there back track and find where there is a break...sometimes people use butt connectors and those fail.
                              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                              X