Cylinder head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cylinder head?

was happens to the car when u got a cracked head? what are the things that happens and could?

anyone actually have it happen to them and had to get it change?
    I dont want guess's of what could happen want answers and replys of people that actually know about it please. And also.. did it cost alot to change it? i know they have it for like $500 or so at atuozone. but thats what a junk yard is for.

Let me know ASAP people

Thanks

Cylinder head at Autozone???

Well, for starters, a cracked cylinder head means you're gonna get coolant in cylinder(s). Time to look for a new motor, or do a head swap...opening doors for your Accord...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
    1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

A person's car I worked on (94 Accord DX F22b2), had this issue and I went with the good condition used head route, had it resurfaced and slapped it on with new headgasket and various other cylinder head/valve cover seals. It worked out great.

If you go used head, make SURE it's from a well-running car and or in good shape. If you do not have any around your area or feel shady on the ones you have access to, then either have the head repaired (cylinder head repair shop...get a quote) OR get a rebuilt.

What kept me away from having the head repaired is, who says there is only one crack? What if there are others on the way or present, etc? Then, you have the question of whether is was overheated and how many times was it and for how long? Too many variables IMO...
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by honda83
        was happens when u got a cracked head? what are the things that happens and could?

Let me know ASAP people

Thanks
        You start by Posting Threads on CB7Tuner.com every bloody day and you end up in therapy at a Psych Ward

Comment

are you sure your not talking about pistons? I really dont think they sell cylinder heads at autozone

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...ECYLINDER+HEAD

Thats autozone..

CYLINDER HEAD for a
            1993 HONDA ACCORD

MOORE`S HON209 1 YR $415.99
            ALUMINUM HEADS

RECON 12-4027 1 YR $175.00 $595.99

Comment

Id just overhaul the head if it was me, i dont screw around with cylinder head cracks, PULL IT and swap a used one on there....
              93 Accord- SOLD
              94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

Working...
              X