Battery light comes on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery light comes on

I was wondering why my battery light comes on when im punching the gas and im near to red line. It started happening a few days ago, and im a auto btw.

Any ideas.

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
    ----
    02 Pontiac Firebird W68
    92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

I do not know the exact answer, but that light is supposed to come on when the battery, or charging system is not producing enough power. It could have something to do with the alternator, and the speed it is spinning at.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

either the altenator belt is too loose= tighten it. Or the altenator is going bad . I vote for the altenator being too loose being that you redline and whatnot just make sure its nice and tight

Comment

Ya cant be the alt. its 3 months old. ill check the belt tommrow. Thanks sparkle.

----
        02 Pontiac Firebird W68
        92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

i had this problem once... my altenator was three days old.... turned out to be the new altenator had a bad voltage regulator and was putting out 17 volts... yeah that sucked!

Comment

Had the same things happen to my altenator. It was going bad because of a diode. Also check your plug on the back of the alt. Sometimes these come loose and breaks connection. Hope that helps.
            90' Honda Accord LX Sedan
            Everytime I feel blue, I remember to breath again.

Comment

I mean its not a ground breaking problem, my car cranks smothly it just bothered me when the revs were high.

----
              02 Pontiac Firebird W68
              92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

mine really didnt affect me either. just when i sat at lights my interior/exterior light would dim. a push on the gas pedal would fix it. But since it was a new alt. I hada warranty and just replaced it.
                90' Honda Accord LX Sedan
                Everytime I feel blue, I remember to breath again.

Comment

Working...
                X