Which flows better? **best guess**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which flows better? **best guess**

in light of my recent dyno tune, im curious about something. just how much better will a 2.5" exhaust flow over a 2.25"??

with the same muffler, which would flow better?

-2.25" piping w/no cat
    -2.5" w/cat

stock cat or gutted one?? I would say with a stock cat and 2.5 it would be about the same you might have a little better lower end cause of back pressure with cat. With 2.5 and no or gutted cat, or even a catco high flow, you would probably see a noticeable top end increase and a little diminished lower end (not too bad really)

Comment

2.5in w/ cat
      *being its a high-flow cat*
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by Blaize
        stock cat or gutted one?? I would say with a stock cat and 2.5 it would be about the same you might have a little better lower end cause of back pressure with cat. With 2.5 and no or gutted cat, or even a catco high flow, you would probably see a noticeable top end increase and a little diminished lower end (not too bad really)
        it would be a 2.25" with a testpipe/resonator
        or
        2.5" with carsound cat

Comment

Id say 2.5" with carsound. Thast what im plannin to run.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

2.25 no cat

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I say get a 2.5 this is from my experience you can get 2.25 piping and atleast when you go to 2.5 you wont have to chance the muffler at all. And it flows more.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                I say get a 2.5 this is from my experience you can get 2.25 piping and atleast when you go to 2.5 you wont have to chance the muffler at all. And it flows more.
                i have 2.5" already. i was just wondering if my current exhaust hurt or helped my recent dyno.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                  i have 2.5" already. i was just wondering if my current exhaust hurt or helped my recent dyno.
                  no your straight

Comment

Working...
                  X