Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

timing belt changed at 41k now at 204k... time to change timing belt???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

timing belt changed at 41k now at 204k... time to change timing belt???

so i noticed today on the belt cover that the person who changed it wrote the mileage it was changed at..this is in km btw...you guys think i could ride it out for another 50k? i drive pretty easy on the engine and shift at about 2-2.5k rpm...

Sure, just keep going until it breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
      Sure, just keep going until it breaks.
      wont mess up the engine eh? i heard along as the rpms aren't too high when it breaks i should be ok...

Comment

Originally posted by eightyfour84
        wont mess up the engine eh? i heard along as the rpms aren't too high when it breaks i should be ok...
        This is true. When it does break, remove the upper timing cover and crank the starter for about 15 seconds. Do this 3 or 4 times...it will eject the old timing belt pieces from the exposed area and make the new belt installation easier.

Comment

This is true. When it does break, remove the upper timing cover and crank the starter for about 15 seconds. Do this 3 or 4 times...it will eject the old timing belt pieces from the exposed area and make the new belt installation easier.
          which rpms would you say to keep it under in order to be safe and ensure minimal engine damage for if/when it breaks.

Comment

which rpms would you say to keep it under in order to be safe and ensure minimal engine damage for if/when it breaks.
            Anything under 4k and you're in the clear.

Comment

good to know.. thanks.

Comment

Really? My friend snapped his in his D at like 2500 and the motor went blooey.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                  Really? My friend snapped his in his D at like 2500 and the motor went blooey.
                  I'm not sure exactly why that happened... but then again, it's a D series... which I have no experience with and no interest in wasting time on. I know for the F series which this guy most likely has, he's good 4k and under.

Comment

so i noticed today on the belt cover that the person who changed it wrote the mileage it was changed at..this is in km btw...you guys think i could ride it out for another 50k? i drive pretty easy on the engine and shift at about 2-2.5k rpm...

Are you serious?? You should really get it changed. I think it's every 60-90k I heard, but observe the belts to see if there are cracks and what not.
                    hahahahah

Comment

What if your going 3k at 70 or 80 MPH.

I read my haynes book and it looks hard as hell to change the timing belt matter in fact i have a blown a1 with a hole in it laying in are shop and the guy put a new TB on it so im going to use that one but i think i have to take of the under drive pully. my motor that i just put in my other car has 250,xxx
                      and i dont think nothing has been changed on that thing.
                      www.myspace.com/spayellowaccord This is mine!
                      www.myspace.com/autorevolution This is our car club!
                      1. 1992 Spa Yellow Accord EX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                      2. 1992 Grey Honda Accord DX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                      3. 1992 ? Honda integra Xsi DA6 im so jdm i sleep on my right side.
                      4. 1993 Black Honda Civic Hatchback. love my EH

Comment

Yeh! But now your block and head are out of time correct.

Comment

damn, i got mind change at 114k lol
                          SEDAN member 002

Comment

Originally posted by chicago
                            Yeh! But now your block and head are out of time correct.

Doesn't matter... when you are done with that procedure, carefully reset engine timing according to the book and put your new belt on.

Comment

Doesn't matter... when you are done with that procedure, carefully reset engine timing according to the book and put your new belt on.
                              COOl

what about the other about driving on the highway at 3k

Comment

Working...
                              X