Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XTD flywheel has no timing marks... are there other methods of setting timing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XTD flywheel has no timing marks... are there other methods of setting timing?

The title says it all... my new 12lb flywheel has no timing marks. I marked the dizzy before I took it off, so it's running just fine now... but when the time comes for adjusting the timing, or replacing the dizzy, it's going to be a pain! Are there other ways to do it?

This is a good question because my Exedy didnt have any when i installed it.

and i was looking at my craftsman catalog and found this Innova digital timng gun, for 149 bucks. Can read about it at this link, i cant find it at sears.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4599420204
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=ILBB

ILBB
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

^ yeah that is a good way, if you havent put it all together like some of us..

im still not sure if the digital gun that i posted still needs the marking on the flywheel or not, but im pretty sure it doesnt..

Comment

search noob! LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts

I saw it in your swap thread, which reminded me. I should've looked to see if you posted about it!

Juan, that sounds like a good idea. I think I've seen that around my way.

Comment

yup keep it real.. fuck trying to mark shit with it all put together.. :P

Comment

thats funny, my cheapo no-name brand ebay flywheel has timing marks.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani Filth
                  search noob! LMAO
                  Yeah, they're a Pain In The Arse these Blokes that won't search.

Comment

Never had to do this but here's what I suggest:

Cylinder 1 should be at TDC when your timing marks (the one that should be on the flywheel) are on the indexer. So, pull the plug in cylinder 1 and place a clean wood dowel or something like that down through the plug hole, and touch the top of the piston, make a mark on the dowel near the top of the valve cover for reference. Have a buddy turn the crank from the end pulley with a ratchet/breaker bar and when the dowel reaches it's highest point you're at TDC on #1. Then, scratch a mark in the new flywheel....
                    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                      Never had to do this but here's what I suggest:

Cylinder 1 should be at TDC when your timing marks (the one that should be on the flywheel) are on the indexer. So, pull the plug in cylinder 1 and place a clean wood dowel or something like that down through the plug hole, and touch the top of the piston, make a mark on the dowel near the top of the valve cover for reference. Have a buddy turn the crank from the end pulley with a ratchet/breaker bar and when the dowel reaches it's highest point you're at TDC on #1. Then, scratch a mark in the new flywheel....
                      But how would you know where 15*BTDC is
                      Sort of like this explanation
                      Would This Work by ILBB

Comment

haha 3 of the 5 newest threads when you click "new posts" are regarding missing timing marks.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                          haha 3 of the 5 newest threads when you click "new posts" are regarding missing timing marks.
                          That's why I bumped ILBB's Thread.
                          If we can't get any info from them we're all stuffed.

Comment

At least I can say this is only the 2nd time I've done this! (posting without searching... )

Comment

But how would you know where 15*BTDC is
                              Ya, I'm not sure why your asking. I thought the dude was looking for TDC, not 15* BTDC.....
                              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X