How good is the Fuel Efficiency of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How good is the Fuel Efficiency of...

I was reading about swaps, and I prefer to save more gas than to have the extra hp and torque. Also, from reading, everyone agrees that it's easier to swap an h22/h23 than a f23a1.

So I'm really curious to know how much more the F series engines save gas than the H series. If it's not by much, then I will reconsider getting me a h22/23.

Btw, if you could answer this as well.
    What is the average price of a:
    h22/23: _________
    f23: _______
    Last edited by drey; 03-06-2006, 07:24 PM.

From reading, I dont think there is a big enough difference between the H and F series to let gas consumption be the leading decisive factor. But with the H tranny it does spin quite high on freeway, so right there I would be hesitant, just because with the f at 120km/h, its already quite up there I couldnt imagine the H series longevity.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

i was looking at a database and according to it. a h22 has the same fuel consumption as a 1990 accord.

can anyone with a h23 or h22 tell me if this is true for them? ie. that they don't really see a difference.

Comment

I think the Ludes w/ the H22 came w/ slightly less fuel efficiency, but not by much. I think you should more think about the Premium fuel (93 octane or there abouts) you'll have to buy w/ the H22. Driving very easy, you should get just about the same mileage as an F22, but if you dip into VTEC alot, then that's a diff. story Also, w/ the shorter gearing of the H22 trans, it'll rev much higher on the highway.

I'd say a good compromise would be the H23 w/ H23 or F22 trans. or maybe H22 w/ your F22 trans.

Comment

thats the other point i wanted to mention...93 octane. But also if I had the H series engine, I would want shorter gears as well to stay in or close to vtec during shifts. The f series is just not designed for sport driving

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

All depends on the circumstances. You can get a 6.0L Corvette to get better fuel economy than a F22 if it's driven conservatively. So many different variables can create so many different fuel economy figures, from Tyre Pressures to Climate to Weight to gear ratios. All can vary as will Fuel Economy.

Comment

On average, I get about 27 mpg with my H22. I've got the H22 trans as well. It's about the same mileage as I got with my F22 with over 200,000 miles on it. But the main difference is that I have to run premium fuel (91 oct here in CA). If you get the LSD tranny, it has a slightly taller 5th gear to keep the revs down at cruising speed.

The H22 swap should cost you in the neighborhood of $2k-$3k for engine, trans, ECU and harness (and maybe a few other random parts) depending on where you get it and if you get the LSD trans.
              Originally posted by Junior Smurff
              Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Working...
              X