The "Fixing my Car" Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Fixing my Car" Thread.

Ok, here the deal guys. I have a whole after noon free since my girl ditched me for work, so this is the first day i'm gonna start actually fixing the things that dont work on my car.

So heres the list,from most important to least:

-Need to fix the brake lights,none of them work.Guessing on blown fuse.-DONE
    -Need to fix my speedo, guessing bad vss.-DONE
    -Need to fix my horns-DONE
    -need to fix my passenger side power window
    -Need to put new rear brakes in.
    -adjust my e-brake
    -fix that damn rust...

holy shit i didnt know the list was taht long!Thank God i know electrical.

So this is just my "fixing the car" thread, mainly to keep me motivated, so you fuckers better bump this up and bug me about fixing my ride.Peace.

ILBB
    Last edited by Ilikebigbutts; 03-10-2006, 06:15 PM.
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

Lol good luck with it. If i remember the horn and brake fuse is both the same one.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

if its not the fuse for ur brake light check ur brake light switch behind the pedal mine when bad after i left work one day and i drove all around that night with no brake lights. But good luck on fixin everything

Originally posted by Dr.x
      You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

Haha, you guys would never believe it...I looked at the diagram and just like nail05 said the horn/brake lights share the same fuse...So i open the fuse lid expecting to find a blown fuse and then a short, but it turns out theres was no fuse,lol!When my drivers side window stoped working we messed around with some other fuses because we were to lazy check the fuses...so somehow i forgot to put it back in.So i can scratch both the horn and the brake lights of my list and move on to the VSS!!!

I'll update a lil later...

ILBB
        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

so you work on your car when your girl leaves?! where are your priorities man?!

anywho your list isn't too hard to tackle. i can't really help you on your vss but i can surely help you on your ebrake cable adjustments. you don't even have to remove the center console. just remove the ashtray by opening it and pulling upward, locate the adjustment nut, and adjust as needed. make sure you have good meat on the rear pads.
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

haha, figured out the vss problem too.

well, as some of you know, the vss has two parts, the drive gear part that mates to the tranny and the sensor that bolts on to that part.Well, i did the whole diagnostic procedure and it basicly told me the vss is bad.So it tell me to go to page so ans so for removal.There, i see the two parts apart from each other and a little part in between them called the "drive link".So i'm looking at it and i'm like,hmm...i dont remember that parts when i took the vss out or when i put it back when i did the swap!!!!Sure enough, i pull the sensor and the drive link is MIA.

So my question is, were do i find that drive link?should i call honda tommorow and ask or should i just order new sensor(that is if the drive link is included ofcourse.)

ILBB

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

you dont need motivation you need a mintue to think

Comment

Just order a new sensor. Its just better in the long run.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i dont mind but does it come with the drive link?

ILBB

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

It should come as a whole unit i would think.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

78411-SM4-003 JOINT, SPEED SENSOR (MATSUSHITA DENSHI)

it's about 2 bucks.

Comment

i dont mind but does it come with the drive link?
                        Yes it does, and it comes in it's own little plastic bag too.
                        Put a dob of grease on it to hold it in the VSS, Line up the Slots and Twist the VSS back and forth until it seats in. If you put the Link in first and force the VSS onto the link it can damage the VSS as the other end of the link is square.
                        Last edited by F22-GURU; 03-02-2006, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xaxis360
                          78411-SM4-003 JOINT, SPEED SENSOR (MATSUSHITA DENSHI)

it's about 2 bucks.
                          thats what i'm talkin about!!!

ILBB

EDIT:Ordered from hondaautomotiveparts.com
                          Last edited by Ilikebigbutts; 03-02-2006, 11:28 PM.

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

BUMP!!!

just fixed the vss...took to damn long for fedex to ship by drive link though.I luv having a speedometer again though.

ILBB

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

Working...
                            X