AC making noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC making noises

I have a 93 4dr accord. The AC/Heat all work good, but whenever I press the AC button so it blows colder, the car starts to shake a little and it sounds like something is loose and about to fall apart. There is no other problem, blows cold but makes those noises. Anyone ever experience this, or have any idea what it might be?
    Thanks

What type of noises are you hearing? When you turn on your AC it applies a bigger load to the motor so thats why your car will vibrate a lil more.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      What type of noises are you hearing? When you turn on your AC it applies a bigger load to the motor so thats why your car will vibrate a lil more.
      But not as much as it is shaking. The noise sounds like bolt rattling around, but its only when i press the AC button to turn it on, when I turn it off, it immediately goes away.

Comment

Im not sure if our compressors have a wobble plate? (i think thats what it called) since i dont really use my AC often. My lil bro corolla had a rattle and it turns out the plate in between the clutch and compressor was loose so everytime he turned it on it would chatter but go away after he drove for a while but when it came back to idle it would do it again. Oh yea and his A/C worked just fine.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Im not sure if our compressors have a wobble plate? (i think thats what it called) since i dont really use my AC often. My lil bro corolla had a rattle and it turns out the plate in between the clutch and compressor was loose so everytime he turned it on it would chatter but go away after he drove for a while but when it came back to idle it would do it again. Oh yea and his A/C worked just fine.
          Sounds like what mine is doing. Thanks

Comment

yes check around the motor for anything loose. it doesn't have to directly relate to the a/c compressor. it could be something nearby. my motor does shake more when i hit the button b/c of the loading but it shouldn't sound like it's about to fall apart. check your crank pulley as well. the harmonic dampener does go bad around this time on our cars. the compressor belt is attached to the crank pulley.
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Working...
            X