No announcement yet.

lower ball joint stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i took the UCA to get to the bolts that hold the rotor hub assembly shit off instead. i have a new problem.. stripped on of the 12 point bolts that hold the assembly onto the knuckle.. how the f would i go about gettin that off...

Comment

my way is better.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

BUMP searched and found this thread.

I had the balljoint on my passenger side front wheel replaced. Is it a problem that I didn't replace both balljoints on each wheel at the same time? Will there be a slight un-evenness in driving? If so I'll just get the other side replaced.

Comment

Will rickyduckworth method work w/ the damper fork out?

I tired the 2 jaw but that sh8t dont work.. This is fustrating.

I cant' even find the gap or where to split it.
          hahahahah

Comment

The tie rod or ball joint separator (forks) will work. They're like $9.98 at advance. Just turn the wheel so you have a good angle on the back of the tool for a hammer, and put the fork between the LCA and knuckle (where the boot is) Use a mini-sledge type hammer and just try to get some solid hits to break it loose. Usually I'll find it's not working and get pissed, then I'll pound the crap out of it and it pops right out with a few angry bludgeonings . I did have one problem with this recently where my angle was bad and the fork tip pierced the rotor dust shield from behind, leaving a slit and pushing metal against the rotor. I bent everything back into place and it's fine, but be careful....first time I've had that happen.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
            After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
            Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
            PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Im a bit 'weary' tryign to locate the fork. I dont wanna ruin the boot, but mines seems messed up already. A bit grease coming out.
              hahahahah

Comment

Working...
              X