JDM H22a Knocking?? Still>>>?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM H22a Knocking?? Still>>>?

Hi i was posting a while back trying to find bearings for my H22a. Found a set that i bought from tunerschoice.com that are ACL rod and main bearings. My friend installed them and put a new oil pump in to, Then when we cranked it over it started but there was a knock that was worse and faster then before?? Before we installed it only knocked a little bit at high R's Now its worse and i would like to know if anyone could hepl out or have any suggestions.

Thanks
    God Bless

Did this happen after the install? Might be loose? Got enough OIl in the engine?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yes the oil wasd filled to the max and even let it run a while, also it knocked before then when i replaiced with the new bearings it became more wore, also sounded more like it was in the head area but the head was fine before we ever touched the car.

Comment

Did you "Plastigauge" the New Bearings to make sure the clearances were with-in Specs. This is the Most Critical Step when Fitting New Bearings?
        Did you Lubricate all the Bearing Surfaces prior to torquing up?
        Did you check for Free-play in the Crankshaft?
        Did you check the Gudgeon's for Play?
        Did you Lubricate the Oil Pump & prime the Oil Filter prior to Installation?
        Did you Wind the Engine Over by Hand at least 5 Time prior to Starting?
        Did you build up Oil Pressure before Starting Engine?

Neglecting any of these items can result in a damaged engine even after fitting new parts. Attention to Clearances & Torque Specifications is paramount to successfully Re-Building an Engine. Neglect any of them and you're asking for trouble.

Just My $0.02 Worth
        -The GURU-

Comment

Thanks, We will be re installing today and i will keep these things in mind. If anyone else has any other ideas, let me know. Ill keep you guys updated.

Comment

Working...
          X