Transmission Choices for 5 Speed Swap??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission Choices for 5 Speed Swap??

What are my specs (code, year, out of what model prelude or accord) for transmissions for a swap. Engine will be an f22a6.

Bump,

Also, If anyone knows a ton about the swap and doesn't mind answering a shitload of questions for a beginner Please PM me.

Thanks,
    Adam

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
      it's all here dude........just look around.......all the tranny codes, gear ratios, etc, should be here too
      I'm feelin' ya dude, but I wouldn't have posted with out searching. I have serached the crap out of it and can't find anything. I'll keep looking, I just wanted to see if any thread starters out there had anything.

Comment

Heck yes read that one! Doesn't say anything about transmission type, but I think you answered my question.

One final one,
        Can I get a long gear LSD tranny compatable with an f22a6? Is it worth it?

EDIT: I am really sorry for all the questions guys, but I don't know where else to look SORRY!

Comment

F and H Are interchangeable.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            F and H Are interchangeable.
            yea we've discovered that

Comment

if you want a shorter geared tranny with LSD then the m2b4 from the h22a would work and short gears w/o LSD would be the m2a4

the h23a1 tranny's code is HELL IF I KNOW but i gotta go to work......and it's shorter than the f and longer than the h22a
              So do they sell an H Tranny that is long geared? Is there a short and a long version, or is it just F or H series gearing?

If I want something in the middle, should I be going for the h23a1 or is that too hard/expensive to come by?

Comment

Sorry to reference something from another board, but this is the best table I've found:
                Tranny gear listing
                H23 is the best compromise between the two. Cheap and easy to find here in the states with reasonable miles on it.
                But you keep mentioning long gears. Why?
                Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

If you're set on a transmission with taller gears and still want an LSD, then you're goin to have to go custom. There are a couple LSD manufacturers out there who make LSDs for Accord transmissions. Quaife and OBX. The Quaife is about a grand but from what owners say is extremely well built and very reliable. Don't know of any OBX owners out there(or at least that have one installed) but it's similar in looks to the Quaife and I'm sure capable of being a good unit if installed properly and not mistreated. Be carefula bout what you read up on about it though because not many people hav tried it but many are quick to opinionate.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
                    Sorry to reference something from another board, but this is the best table I've found:
                    Tranny gear listing
                    H23 is the best compromise between the two. Cheap and easy to find here in the states with reasonable miles on it.
                    But you keep mentioning long gears. Why?
                    i wouldnt mind cruising at 90 on the highway
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                      i wouldnt mind cruising at 90 on the highway
                      I wish I could cruise at low 2k rpm at highway speeds. I hate hearing the engine sounding all strung out.
                      Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                      -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                      MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

H23 tranny would be a pretty good choice. Its basically the middle man between the h22 and the f22. If you go into the performance tech section in this forum you will find a sticky with the listings of the gear ratios of each of these trannies.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Thanks! Did the H23 come with LSD? Is it tough to find?

Comment

Might be somewhat hard to find but im not really sure of the availability. Im pretty sure you can find some if you search around. I dunno about the LSD part though. Some aftermarket companies might make some for it or they might not.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

the f series trannies (not counting the f20c or f20b) are weaker than the rest.....i'd use an h23a1 tranny w/ aftermarket LSD if that's what you want........really not gonna be geared a LOT higher than the h22a but some, and you'd end up eating the f tranny up with any decent amount of power
                              Really? It seems like I hear about grinds more in H22/H23 trannys than I do in F22 trannys. It seems like 2nd gear is especially bad in the H23.

However, I'm thinking that it might have to do with just the cars being driven harder.

All things being said, I think in a perfect world I'd back the F22 with the H23/quaife LSD combo.

Comment

Working...
                              X