Taillight Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taillight Problem

when i push on the brakes only the two left tail lights work the 3rd brake light and the whole right side doesnt work. but when i turn on my headlights (also when the tailights come on) everything works from the two left and the two right its just when i brake the left side only works i also have the brake light indicator on when this happens and im guessing thats cuz of the 3rd brake light but i dunno why the whole right side is out....i also checked but all the bulbs are fine i even switched the right brake bulb to the left and everything works i just dont know why they dont work when i brake... please need help right away cops here in sd are so anal about this kinda stuff...thanks
    Beast: Evo X
    Daily: 93 Accord LX Wagon

please anyone?? help i just dont know what to do?

Comment

Check the fuse for the tail lights, and test the wires that go to the tail lights. I've had that problem where the light on my lid didn't work and I replaced a fuse and they all went back to normal.

I still have the bulb indicator light on in the dash because I don't have a light in the back window since I have a light in the spoiler.
      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

i have checked all the fuses.. and if i did miss one what would it be under? there is no fuse for tail lights.. there is one for signal lights... i checked under the hood and under the steering wheel column.

Comment

I dont remember whether or not the 2 sides have seperate grounds or not, you may want to check that out, make sure all the ground wire are still intact.

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
            I still have the bulb indicator light on in the dash because I don't have a light in the back window since I have a light in the spoiler.
            hahah, i did the same thing. the brakelamp indicator finally went out a couple of weeks ago since i disconnected the third lamp back in '98 or '99.

S A N D I E G O

Comment

hmmm... interestin

Comment

theres to many black wires to find the ground for the taillight and most of them are wrapped so i dont know which one im looking for any info would help

Comment

Working...
                X