fuel filter location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel filter location

im stupid, can someone tell me where the fuel filter is located? i heard stuff about firewall and brakelne...someone help me cuz im illiterate and need to replace my filter fast

Re: fuel filter location

Originally posted by quiznos
    im stupid, can someone tell me where the fuel filter is located? i heard stuff about firewall and brakelne...someone help me cuz im illiterate and need to replace my filter fast
    On the passanger side under the EVAP control Box.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

yea its under that black thing with vacummn lines comming from it near the fuse box.

you will see 2 gold metal or silver metal pipes going to it.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

ok man, if you are standing in front of the car looking at the engine, it is about a foot to the left and about 9 inches down from the throttle body. setting all nice and snug on the firewall. yea, theres a black box setting like on top/a lil to the left of the fuel filter. you will need to move it out of your way when you change the fuel filter. careful not to snap your fuel line when you change it, it happened to me
        92 lx
        automatic
        slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

how did u snap it?

just counter it on the bottom u can use a vice crip or something so that the filter wont twist.

i removed my intake hose so that i can get to it, with that black thing.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

That thing is really hard to get it out (on your first try), I would recommend buying some long socket extensions.
            Last edited by thatsitbelowradarSTL; 04-17-2004, 03:05 PM.
            Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
            Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

Yeah bro get some long socket tools and take it off just like that. Also you may need a wrench to take off the two parts that go to the fuel lines to the fuel filter.

And it should come off just like that. But you have to take off the air intake and stuff liek that so you get some good clearance to remove it. Be very careful not to crossthread the thingor strip the threading and make sure you dont lose the original washers too.

Comment

oh yea, of course, i forgot to mention taking the intake piping off of the throttle body so you can get to it. but anyways yea, i was just trying to crank as hard as i could to get the damn thing off, and being in a kinda bad mood in the first place didn't help, but i tried to turn it hard, and whadda ya know, a little twist and snap, here comes gas running out on the floor. i was kinda scared when that happened, cuz i didn't know how i was gonna fix it. it broke in the worst spot, inside of the bolt on the fuel filter(where the fuel line runs into the bolt and is held in place to the filter)! so i had to buy a piece of fuel line(the next day, cuz advance auto was closed for the night) to run out from the bolt a little bit and then put a piece of thick rubber hose tightly onto both the ends of fuel line, and put small hose clamps on each end. it held tightly though, and i havenm't had any leakage from there, so it worked. stressful night.
                92 lx
                automatic
                slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

Working...
                X