Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"whizzing" Tranny wont shift Anymore

1992 Lx w/ jdm motor and auto tranny

Hay guys I need some advice. Iv searched a few topics about this and come to the conclusion that a new tranny would be my best solution. Recently Iv been hearing a loud whizzing sound when I rev and during acceleraton and now the car wont shift past 2nd gear. 1st and 2nd gear shifts fine. It just whizzes and revs up as if its in neutral before 3rd gear. I also checked the code and the d4 light doesnt blink at all. I was thinkin about getting the tranny flushed but my dad said it wont help. Iv checked and added tranny fluid which did not help either.

I found a deal on a tranny for $400 with less than 50k on it w/ a 90 day warranty and am planing on just getting that and replacing it. Before this, the car always had a small grinding sound in overdrive when I gave it gas and Im assuming this is the problem that has now become a major one. My questions is, should I take it to a shop and get it checked and "rebuilt" which Iv heard is not the way togo, or just get the new used one and replace it for about $500 total? Im sure replacing it is the easiest way togo. Im on a tight budget and wanna get some input about this before I do anything.

that 400 better be installed.... if not, thats not a deal sry cuz

Comment

You better verify its only 50k miles. Is that 50k since rebuild, or 50k period? Tranny rebuilding is not the way to go IMO, theres a ton of trannies layin around for cb7's. The tranny is definitely going out, hence the whizzing sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecto_1
        that 400 better be installed.... if not, thats not a deal sry cuz
        Really? Thats shipped to my front door with a warranty. And its a H22 tranny w/ LSD not a f22 or H23 one. Iv searched and found manual trannys for like $800 w/ over 100k miles on them!
        Last edited by 4thGen4dr; 02-20-2006, 09:40 PM.

Comment

sounds like an awsome deal to me actully lsd=

ILBB
          People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
          The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Just put the New Tranny In and use the old one as an Artificial Reef in the Lake.

Comment

Working...
            X